• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

sundown 12/22

2knees

Date(s) Skied:12/22/07

Resort or Ski Area: Sundown

Conditions: Bumps

Trip Report: Talked my mom into babysitting tonight but she couldnt come over till almost 7:30. With the weather that is on the way, 2 hours still seemed like it was worth it. Bumps on noreaster are filling in, but i still was humming the tune "The Wanderer" for some reason. :smile: there is a dead spot that just needs to be worked more. Took an epic wipeout on exhibition of all things. Full split into some kinda barrel roll. My groin is f(%%in killing me right now. The teenagers on the lift got a real hoot out of it though. Got some nice catcalls.

took a handcam vid of noreaster. didnt make it the whole way. Sorry it kinda sucks but still, i'm getting addicted to this video thing. I wouldve tried one more time but the batteries died. It aint pretty so watch at your own risk.

once youtube is finished cooking that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBMUELtz6Og

ouch, its even tougher to watch on youtube but hey, it wasnt very easy to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg

Staff member
The 2knees handcam strikes again! :lol: You have to duct tape it to your helmet...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You're my hero! Anybody who can ski those already impresses me; but to hold a camera while doing so! Wowsers! :eek: ;)

Glad you were able to get out last night!

bvibert

Staff member
Nice work Pat! The video came out good. I'm too chicken to take mine out while skiing groomers, let alone in the bumps...

2knees

The 2knees handcam strikes again! :lol: You have to duct tape it to your helmet...

lol, its cheezy i know but funny too.

You're my hero! Anybody who can ski those already impresses me; but to hold a camera while doing so! Wowsers! :eek: ;)

Glad you were able to get out last night!

Glad you enjoyed it. I was gonna see if you were working last night but after my spectacular wipeout, i took one more run to see if i was still in working order and bailed right at 10.

Nice work Pat! The video came out good. I'm too chicken to take mine out while skiing groomers, let alone in the bumps...

helmet cam, i'm definitely buying one. Now that i have a real computer, i want to get into this video action you and greg have perfected.

gmcunni

I was up at Sundown last night also. My usual skiing partners had better things to do so was solo. Figured i spend the night working on my bump skiing so i pretty much looped Nor'Easter and Exhibition for most of the evening. I took an occasional run down Gunbarrel when my legs need a break.

I don't ski Sundown much, was last night typical of the crowds at night?

2knees

I was up at Sundown last night also. My usual skiing partners had better things to do so was solo. Figured i spend the night working on my bump skiing so i pretty much looped Nor'Easter and Exhibition for most of the evening. I took an occasional run down Gunbarrel when my legs need a break.

I don't ski Sundown much, was last night typical of the crowds at night?

i havent been there on too many saturdays but last night seemed pretty crowded. they shut the lift down, the one on the right looking up the mtn, right when i got there. I never once came close to skiing right on which i've been used to the last few years. Try the place on a weeknight or a sunday night and you'll usually have the place to yourself by 8:30 or so.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
i havent been there on too many saturdays but last night seemed pretty crowded. they shut the lift down, the one on the right looking up the mtn, right when i got there. I never once came close to skiing right on which i've been used to the last few years. Try the place on a weeknight or a sunday night and you'll usually have the place to yourself by 8:30 or so.
I was running the magic carpet again until a little after 8PM. Don't see too many AZers over that way. ;) After that, I ended up going home early. I believe lift 2 was shut down because the boss was told not many people were using it. It wasn't until we were taking down the gates that we realized how many people wanted to. :( It was definitely busy Sat night, at least compared to the week before it was. Did you happen to see Santa skiing? :D

MRGisevil

Nice, thanks for the vid. Sorry we didn't meet up, we didn't end up making it out :( Hopefully going to get out today though to ski the aftermath of that radical blizzard from last night! (delusional)

Greg

Staff member
I betcha those bumps are actually pretty enjoyable right now. Soft and springlike. I'm sure they'll see some attention with more snowmaking the next few nights.

MRGisevil

I betcha those bumps are actually pretty enjoyable right now. Soft and springlike. I'm sure they'll see some attention with more snowmaking the next few nights.

I'll post some vid. when we get home tonight. My digital camera is on it's last leg though, so it may be really grainy!

(Sudah, I haven't forgotten about the Hunter footage, I promise! That comes tonight too)

bvibert

Staff member
Nice, thanks for the vid. Sorry we didn't meet up, we didn't end up making it out :( Hopefully going to get out today though to ski the aftermath of that radical blizzard from last night! (delusional)

Bummer you guys didn't make it out. Please do fill us in on the conditions when you get back today. Don't forget that they close at 5 today for Christmas...

bvibert

Staff member
Yep...and I'm counting the minutes until December 26....

grinch.jpg

powhunter

Glad to see you guys (and gals) are working those bumps!!!!!! Cant wait to get out again with you guys!!!!! Merry Christmas to the Sundown bump crew!!!!!!!

Steve