• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The kid thread

pinion

So Gunstock has a resident porcupine. He lives in the Birch trees at the top of the RamRod chair. I see him almost every time I'm there.

This is amazing. I had no idea porcupines climbed trees lol.

My kids are 14 and 10 - and the the oldest is competitive for gymnastics so not much skiing for her the last 2 seasons. Still, fundamentals are there and she can ski most terrain. The younger one is progressing on things nicely as well. I hope they keep with it into adulthood.

My dad retired from skiing this year, rather abruptly. His four kids, two over 40, can all ski most everything East Coast, West Coast, and in between. Hopefully a good feeling for him that we all stuck with it. We were no angels during the learning process :)

drjeff

Good thread. First year u12 daughter is currently ranked #1 in the NHARA western division. Three happy generations after her last race.
View attachment 56743
Awesome stuff there BigO!

And with results like that sounds like wishing your daughter good luck at Piche's in a few weeks is in order! Definitely a great event that I got to enjoy with both my kids in the past!

TyWebb

Photo of my son 11 years ago as a 3 year old 1st time on skis and him and I this past weekend in Vt (now 14 years old). Time passes quickly gents and so happy that this kid still loves skiing with his old man even if I can't keep up with everything he does

Brody 3 Ski.jpgBrody and I.jpeg

My daughter is a freshman at UC Boulder and heading to Vail over spring break. She hasn't been on skis for abt 5/6 years and is really looking forward to trying it out again - hope she finds the enjoyment again. Told her if she loves it I'll get her a pass for Hanukkah next year

Last edited: