• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The looming port workers strike and ski equipment supply....

drjeff

Just read an article about how the looming port workers strike may have a significant impact on this season's gear supplies for many ski shops, as many shops yet haven;t received all of their orders, and if they're in a shipping container right now, they may be there for a while if this strike dags out.

If one is thinking of getting some new gear for the season, they might want to act ASAP rather than wait a bit as their could be supply chain issues if the gear isn't made in North American and requires shipping from either Asia or Europe

KustyTheKlown

i keep flirting with your kastles in the 96. i found them <$400

my fischer ranger 100s are toast and i dont have a 'skinny ski' right now. only a 106 and a 116 (both the kastle fx - there is an appeal to expanding the set)

tempted by those orange 96s as my groomer ski. i hate the metal tips. really wish they didnt do the metal tips!

the other thing flirty for me is the elan ripstick 96 black edition. i cant find those as cheap as the kastles

djd66

Just read an article about how the looming port workers strike may have a significant impact on this season's gear supplies for many ski shops, as many shops yet haven;t received all of their orders, and if they're in a shipping container right now, they may be there for a while if this strike dags out.

If one is thinking of getting some new gear for the season, they might want to act ASAP rather than wait a bit as their could be supply chain issues if the gear isn't made in North American and requires shipping from either Asia or Europe
Its October 1, I would guess 90% of all goods are already in a local warehouse and in the stores. Stuff arriving now would be very late for this year's ski season

DrPeteG

At this time of year I would think that soft goods inventory is where shops are filling in. Hard goods should be in warehouses here already. Most of the soft goods would be coming in the west coast route

jimmywilson69

I have the regular ripstick 96 and it does VERY well here in PA up north and out west. yes if its boiler pate hard they aren't the greatest, but they do also bite if you ski them right. I skied a buddies ripstick black edition aslo in the 96 and while a bit stiffer, they still were great on the slopes here in PA. I think they'd be a good choice @KustyTheKlown