• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 1/25-1/26 Storm Discussion Thread

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
weather.com said:
Jan 25 Tonight
Partly cloudy this evening then some snow showers after midnight. Low 6F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches.
Jan 26 Tomorrow
Cloudy with snow. Cold. High 19F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.
Jan 26 Tomorrow night
On and off snow showers ending. Breaks in the overcast later. Cold. Wind chills may approach -20F. Low -3F. Winds N at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 50%.

Guess this is an "aftershock" of the blizzard!

-Stephen

skijay

We are calling for 4 - 6 inches here in the Hartford/Springfield area.

subdude

ChileMass said:
Boston Channel 7 said 4-8" here starting Wed AM, ending tomorrow night....

Yep tack on another 3-6" for WaWa. This is a pretty powerful clipper coming across from Canada check out the cold air that's behind it. Coldest of the season with -5 to -10 for low temps Thurs night. The colder the better as what is known as CAD (Cold Air Damming) will setup in the NE helping out the possibility of another bigger event on Sun/Mon.

Greg

Staff member
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A SNOW ADVISORY FOR ALL OF EASTERN NEW YORK EXCEPT THE SOUTHERN ADIRONDACKSFOR SOUTHERN VERMONTBERKSHIRE COUNTY MASSACHUSETTS AND LITCHFIELD COUNTY CONNECTICUT FROM 1 AM TO 6 PM WEDNESDAY
UNTIL 5:00AM EST
Wswaly

Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Albany NY 241 PM EST Tue Jan 25 2005

1000 - Bennington VT - Eastern Albany NY - Eastern Columbia NY - Eastern Dutchess NY - Eastern Greene NY - Eastern Rensselaer NY - Eastern Schenectady NY - Eastern Ulster NY - Eastern Windham VT - Montgomery NY - Northern Berkshire MA - Northern Fulton NY - Northern Litchfield CT - Northern Saratoga NY - Schoharie NY - Southeast Warren NY - Southern Berkshire MA - Southern Fulton NY - Southern Herkimer NY - Southern Litchfield CT - Southern Saratoga NY - Southern Washington NY - Western Albany NY - Western Columbia NY - Western Dutchess NY - Western Greene NY - Western Rensselaer NY - Western Schenectady NY - Western Ulster NY - Western Windham VT - Including The Cities Of... Albany... Amsterdam... Arlington... Beacon... Bellows Falls... Bennington... Brattleboro... Canajoharie... Catskill... Chatham... Clifton Park... Cobleskill... Cohoes... Colonie... Delmar... East Greenbush... Ellenville... Fonda... Glens Falls... Gloversville... Great Barrington... Herkimer... Hoosick Falls... Hudson... Hudson Falls... Hunter... Ilion... Johnstown... Kingston... Lake George Village... Latham... Little Falls... Londonderry... Manchester... Mechanicville... Nassau... New Milford... New Paltz... North Adams... Pawling... Pittsfield... Poughkeepsie... Rensselaer... Rhinebeck... Rotterdam... Salem... Saratoga Springs... Saugerties... Schenectady... Scotia... Stratton... Torrington... Townshend... Troy And Watervliet 241 PM EST Tue Jan 25 2005

... The National Weather Service Has Issued A Snow Advisory For All Of Eastern New York Except The Southern Adirondacks... For Southern Vermont... Berkshire County Massachusetts And Litchfield County Connecticut From 1 AM To 6 PM Wednesday...

Snow Will Develop Between 11 PM And 3 AM Across The Region With Snow Continuing Through Wednesday Morning. Several Inches Of Snow Will Be On The Ground In The Advisory Area For The Morning Commute To Work. Total Snowfall Will Range From 4 To 7 Inches. During Wednesday Afternoon The Snow Will Taper To Scattered Snow Showers.

If You Are Traveling Use Extra Caution And Adjust Your Speed To Weather And Road Conditions. Stay Tuned To Noaa Weather Radio And Other Local Media For Further Details Or Updates.

This one's starting to look even better!

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Sugarbush says that they've received 8-10 inches in the last 24 hours. They were showing scattered snow showers, and so I was pleasantly surprised to see a bit of accumulation this morning. Apparently it's kept a light snow in the mountains for much of the day. Their 72 hour total now stands at 18-24 inches with several more expected tonight and tomorrow. Things are looking good.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
KingM said:
Sugarbush says that they've received 8-10 inches in the last 24 hours. They were showing scattered snow showers, and so I was pleasantly surprised to see a bit of accumulation this morning. Apparently it's kept a light snow in the mountains for much of the day. Their 72 hour total now stands at 18-24 inches with several more expected tonight and tomorrow. Things are looking good.
I saw that on their site, gotta love those suprise storms. :beer:

skidbump

jez ...i was driving to hunter tomorrow hope its not that bad in am...only 1:15 but who wants to drive in a blizzard

hell i guess i do

thetrailboss

Staff member
A Winter Storm Warning has been posted for Eastern MA/Southern NH from 5am through 11pm tomorrow.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
School is cancelled in some towns in Northern Worcester County and in the town of Ware which is in Hampshire County (where I work).

This week is finals week for semester 1 so...they didn't want to cancel and we got a late call.

dmc

2" of fresh on the groung at Hunter right now - still snowing...
Very light snow...
Expecting 7"

Vortex

Snowing pretty good in Boston. In The white's talking about 2 inches again. We can't catch a break. In Plymouth nh about 12 inches out of last storm, (Loon 4 inches. It ain't right. :angry: ) Rant done.... Best to to southern region ski folk get out and enjoy it . :beer:

tree_skier

Had about 6 inches in West Dover when i left at 8 this am. I just finished the clean up from sunday's 20+ inches last night.

Greg

Staff member
I'm very jealous of anyone that is going to get out tomorrow. This clipper should freshen things up nicely.

Zand

Snowing moderately here in Leicester. We already have about 5" and there's another 4-5 hours to go. Hopefully the wind stays down like it is, but it's supposed to be tomorrow. I'll be at Mighty Wawa on Friday.