• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Threecy and his rants!!!

Puck it

Over on SnowJournal:

rocket21(aka Threecy) said: Quote: I'd argue that when someone thinks they can take my tax dollars to subsidize their alpine skiing expense, it's an indication of pretentious amongst many other things.

So, I nominate Cannon. Not everyone there, but the self-admitted 'Cannonistas'

http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic19875

Smellytele

I liked the response of...

Quote:
Definition of pretentious from Dictionary.com: characterized by assumption of dignity or importance, especially when exaggerated or undeserved; making an exaggerated outward show; ostentatious.

rocket21 said: Quote:

For those who agree with you with respect to Cannon, I would suggest that the word is arrogance rather than pretention.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
For what its worth I never cared for that Cannonista cr@p. It is arrogant AND pretentious. Good thing I don't have to like they're marketing to ski there.

Angus

I've never cared to follow the whole brouhaha but the guy got chased away, doesn't post here anymore and has right to discuss issue of subsidies IMO as long as he's civil.

Puck it

He is bit of a tree cutting hippocrite IMHO. Others know what I am talking about. I will leave it at that.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Me either, but his point was not that.

I was thinking that he was talking about the management at Cannon and anyone going along with the Cannonista campaign. Now that I think of it that might include the entire Franconia Ski Club.

thetrailboss

Staff member
This is just me speaking....as me and not as AZ or as a Mod.

I respect Rocket21/threecy's views on privatizing Cannon. That is fine. I disagree with his point of view and that's fine....we don't have to agree. What I really did not appreciate was how he repeatedly "yells louder" than everyone else, ignores other points of view, and to be honest shows no respect for other point of views and for other people. That is not acceptable.

I also did not appreciate how he would throw out statistics and "data" that he would come up with, but refused to point us to the raw data or the source. In sum, with me his credibility melted faster than Cannon's snow on an 80 F late spring day. It's too bad because he does have some decent stuff on one of his sites on New England Ski History.

snoseek

By the state for the state (and beyond). Cannon 4lyfe!

millerm277

Over on SnowJournal:

rocket21(aka Threecy) said: Quote: I'd argue that when someone thinks they can take my tax dollars to subsidize their alpine skiing expense, it's an indication of pretentious amongst many other things.

So, I nominate Cannon. Not everyone there, but the self-admitted 'Cannonistas'

http://www.snowjournal.com/page.php?cid=topic19875

I do not agree with a word rocket21/Threecy has to say. However, I think your thread ought to be removed entirely. It's a skiing forum, not a "complain about what a former poster has to say on another forum"....

Puck it

I do not agree with a word rocket21/Threecy has to say. However, I think your thread ought to be removed entirely. It's a skiing forum, not a "complain about what a former poster has to say on another forum"....

I agree with his right to think his way, but he does not practice what he preaches.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
However, I think your thread ought to be removed entirely. It's a skiing forum, not a "complain about what a former poster has to say on another forum"....

What. We can't talk about threecy just because he's not here? Threecy is a skier. Cannon a ski area. If the remarks were made on another public site how it be any different than this? Puckit isn't saying anything defamatory.

witch hobble

I also did not appreciate how he would throw out statistics and "data" that he would come up with, but refused to point us to the raw data or the source. In sum, with me his credibility melted faster than Cannon's snow on an 80 F late spring day. It's too bad because he does have some decent stuff on one of his sites on New England Ski History.

+1

IMHO, knowing his Cannon agenda devalues the fairly extensive collection of data and history on his history site.

witch hobble

He has made himself literally the cutting, bleeding edge of an attempt to create a political wedge issue. He and his opinions are fair game.

bobbutts

I'd vote Cannon for #1 for most annoying internet fans and trolls (Threecy is included in both).
Previous champs Magic and Killington have lost their mojo

deadheadskier

Staff member
If anything I'd think threecy would want people discussing his cannon agenda even if he chooses to not participate in the discussion here. It only broadens his audience. He clearly wants as broad of an audience he can get with him pushing his agenda across multiple ski forums, his website, Facebook group and links to both from anywhere he can link them on the web.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
If anything I'd think threecy would want people discussing his cannon agenda even if he chooses to not participate in the discussion here. It only broadens his audience. He clearly wants as broad of an audience he can get with him pushing his agenda across multiple ski forums, his website, Facebook group and links to both from anywhere he can link them on the web.

LOL! Yes, agreed.

AdironRider

Given his nature of hypocrisy on this issue (illegal trailcutting, etc), and while veiled it does appear he has access to insider information (at least on capital expenditures, notably his knowledge of lift pricing), I have a theory that his point is more about eliminating "unfair competition", most likely to benefit his employer and his personal standing with that employer. Conspiracy theory! TB makes a good point with his data as well, I called him on a couple accounting things and mum was the word. The silence was deafening.

deadheadskier

Staff member
TB makes a good point with his data as well, I called him on a couple accounting things and mum was the word. The silence was deafening.

Of course someone as zealous as threecy would be silent or brush off strong counter arguments because any concession at all would crack the door open to defeat against his agenda. His commitment to his cause is beyond any campaign I've ever seen regarding a consumer being upset with a ski business. Think about all the pissed off Killington people over the years; did any of them create a website, facebook group, make it their job in forums to discuss their grievances with a ski area and go as far as to partner with State Reps to defend their views in state government hearings? Not one skier in the Northeast has put in 5% of the effort threecy has in his campaign against Cannon/State of New Hampshire.

The dude's mission was/is in a league of it's own. He has never given an inch. Even on obvious points, such as Cannon being a good value for state residents. He argued ad nauseam against the notion because state residents couldn't get a discount skiing on a weekend and parents would have to take their kids out of school in order to take advantage of the the Tuesday/Thursday 2for deal. But what about the state residents who have midweek days off and don't have kids? Silence. Or the lack of midweek skiing Seniors not taking advantage of the discount Cannon/the State offers them. His usage quota wasn't met, so the mountain shouldn't offer it because it was costing him money to the tune of about two bucks a year personally at the absolute worst; most likely more along the lines of 50 cents in the worst case scenario of the Cannon ski business.

Beyond the above, my biggest issue issue with threecy regarding Cannon is his use of dirty politics. That starts with his websites name. taxpayersforcannon. He's against Cannon. It's a dirty little Politics 101 trick to try gain support against an entity by trying to trick people into believing you support it.

#2 would be scare tactics. I won't look through the old threads, but threecy definitely stated NH is screwed economically and can't afford to be in the ski business. He talked about massive budget shortfalls and how other state parks were going to wilt and reduce hours due to NH's financial obligation to Cannon. For some reason the number that stuck in mind was his prediction that once Lynch left office, all the dirty accounting would come to light and NH would be saddled with a $100M deficit. Well, what he warned against didn't happen and we actually had a $76 million dollar surplus for the year he WARNED against a $100M loss. $176M swing

and with those facts on the table, threecy would still be coming fierce against Cannon if he chose to participate here on AZ still. and if he does per chance show up again, this circular conversation will go on and on and on.......