• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Toe warmer booties?

gittist

Has anyone tried "Toe warmer booties" or similar?

I've tried the heated soles, the toe warmers, electric socks (what a waste of $$). So far the thing that works the best are the full foot warmers (like the throw awy toe warmers). My toes freeze while the rest of my foot sweats. Been through many pairs of boots over the years and there seems no one boot is better than the others when it comes to my toes.

Attachments

• 1722889111426.png
    1722889111426.png
    588.4 KB · Views: 2

Smellytele

The full foot bed warmers are horrible. Don’t heat anything and clump up under some spot on your foot. Toe warmers on top of my toes seem to work the best. Anything under my foot is uncomfortable and rarely heat

gittist

The full foot bed warmers are horrible. Don’t heat anything and clump up under some spot on your foot. Toe warmers on top of my toes seem to work the best. Anything under my foot is uncomfortable and rarely heat
It's the opposite with me. It's the toe warmers that end up scrunched up in the toe. The only problem I have with the full foot warmers is getting them out because they stick so well to my footbed.

Two things happen with the toe warmers if I put them under the foot, either they stick so damn good they're a pain to get off of the foot bed, or they don't stick at all and end up in the toe. If I stick them to the inside top of the boot they just fall off a few hours after I take the boots off, unless they're also scrunched up in the toe.

Maybe miniature propane heaters for the toe boxes? o_O

Smellytele

It's the opposite with me. It's the toe warmers that end up scrunched up in the toe. The only problem I have with the full foot warmers is getting them out because they stick so well to my footbed.

Two things happen with the toe warmers if I put them under the foot, either they stick so damn good they're a pain to get off of the foot bed, or they don't stick at all and end up in the toe. If I stick them to the inside top of the boot they just fall off a few hours after I take the boots off, unless they're also scrunched up in the toe.

Maybe miniature propane heaters for the toe boxes? o_O
I don’t stick them to the boot but to the sock

djd66

I have been using the Lenz heated socks over the past 4 seasons. The batteries connect to my phone via APP. They work really well in very cold days.

snoseek

Lately my method has been spray my feet before leaving, change into some thin merino woll compression socks in the lodge and start with warm boots. This works for me unless I drink too much coffee or it's insanely cold.

Smellytele

Lately my method has been spray my feet before leaving, change into some thin merino woll compression socks in the lodge and start with warm boots. This works for me unless I drink too much coffee or it's insanely cold.
Thought coffee (caffeine) increased blood flow?