• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tom Brady

drjeff

In all the games I've been to at Gillette and the old Schaeffer/Foxboro Stadium, I've never heard the place as quiet as it was when Brady went down today :eek: Scary Quiet!

Rumors started flying around the stadium that Brady's taken his last snap of the year :eek:

wa-loaf

If he popped a ligament probably. If it's just a pull, maybe a few weeks? Knowing the pats we probably won't know until we actually see him on the field.

ccskier

In all the games I've been to at Gillette and the old Schaeffer/Foxboro Stadium, I've never heard the place as quiet as it was when Brady went down today :eek: Scary Quiet!

Rumors started flying around the stadium that Brady's taken his last snap of the year :eek:

I was there also. It did/does not look good. I stopped by the pro shop to buy a shirt for my son and the guy next to me told me to put the brady shirt back, won't be needed. He did have a few good tosses, but we noticed how taped up his left ankle was. Of course everything is hush hush with Belichek.

PA Ridge Racer

I'm still in shock...Nice job by Cassel but this really stinks. :sad:

Last edited:

wa-loaf

Boston.com is calling it an ACL. Def out the season if that's the case.

deadheadskier

Staff member
....well, everyone thought the season was over when Bledsoe went down and Brady took over. Maybe lightening can strike twice

deadheadskier

Staff member
yup, definitely done :(

News
Knee injury ends Brady’s season

Posted: September 7th, 2008 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: New England Patriots, Tom Brady

Tom Brady suffered a serious knee injury against the Chiefs that will end his 2008 season, reports NFL Network’s Adam Schefter.

Meanwhile, free-agent quarterback Chris Simms is scheduled to arrive in New England Monday morning for a workout and a physical, Schefter reports. If all goes well, Simms could be a Patriot by the end of the day. Kansas City and Tennessee, each of whom had quarterbacks suffer significant injuries on Sunday, also have contacted Simms.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick had little to add about Brady during his postgame press conference, saying he had no update on the status of the injury and that tests were being done. We now have the video of Brady’s injury.

Brady left Sunday’s 17-10 win over the Chiefs early in the first quarter with a left knee injury and was replaced by Matt Cassel. Brady was injured when he stepped up in the pocket to make a throw, and collided with Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, who was down on the field in front of him. Brady’s left knee buckled as he followed through on his throw, and he went down holding the area immediately below his kneecap.

Brady was helped up off the field, and walked gingerly with the help of trainers to the sideline. He was later led down a staircase into Gillette Stadium by team personnel.

Cassel replaced Brady on the Patriots’ next drive. Brady was 7 of 11 passing for 76 yards before leaving the game. Cassel finished 13 of 18 passing for 152 yards and a touchdown.

drjeff

*If* Brady is done for the year(and I certainly wouldn't be shocked after seeing lots of slo-mo replays), while definately not the best thing for the patriots offense, it's not the end of the world either. Matt Cassel, isn't Tom Brady, obviously, but he does know the offense, and the receivers know him too and that's a plus. Also, even though Cassel was the starter all pre-season, he was still leading the offense through plays that Josh McDaniel(the Pats offensive coordinator) would usually call for a Brady led team, not a Cassel led team. Cassel's strength's/comfort plays and Brady's strength's/comfort plays aren't the same.

Now, with a week to prepare for a Cassel led offense, and the players not in the semi-shock mode that they were post Brady injury yesterday, I'd bet that the play calling that McDaniel does against the Jets next week will be very different(atleast passing wise) then yesterday. Plus, it was great to see Maroney and Morris both making really crisp cuts and running the ball with explosive speed yesterday.

My guess is that *if* Brady's done for the year, and considering the overall powerful offense that the Pats still have, they go from what I felt was a 14-2/13-3 team to a 11-5/10-6 team. They still make the playoffs, and probably will still win the AFC East (The Jets don"t worry me as much as Buffalo does). Plus, as of today, the Pats are already a game up on BOTH San Diego and Indianapolis, and that's NOT a bad thing at any point of the season in the current AFC.

Everybody down here in Pennsyltucky is uber happy about Bradys injury...since I don't follow football..I don't care but to be happy about somebodies injury just seems wrong..

wa-loaf

Everybody down here in Pennsyltucky is uber happy about Bradys injury...since I don't follow football..I don't care but to be happy about somebodies injury just seems wrong..

You'd think they'd be more happy beating a healthy team than an injured one. Lessens any victory they may have.

PA Ridge Racer

*If* Brady is done for the year(and I certainly wouldn't be shocked after seeing lots of slo-mo replays), while definately not the best thing for the patriots offense, it's not the end of the world either. Matt Cassel, isn't Tom Brady, obviously, but he does know the offense, and the receivers know him too and that's a plus. Also, even though Cassel was the starter all pre-season, he was still leading the offense through plays that Josh McDaniel(the Pats offensive coordinator) would usually call for a Brady led team, not a Cassel led team. Cassel's strength's/comfort plays and Brady's strength's/comfort plays aren't the same.

Now, with a week to prepare for a Cassel led offense, and the players not in the semi-shock mode that they were post Brady injury yesterday, I'd bet that the play calling that McDaniel does against the Jets next week will be very different(atleast passing wise) then yesterday. Plus, it was great to see Maroney and Morris both making really crisp cuts and running the ball with explosive speed yesterday.

My guess is that *if* Brady's done for the year, and considering the overall powerful offense that the Pats still have, they go from what I felt was a 14-2/13-3 team to a 11-5/10-6 team. They still make the playoffs, and probably will still win the AFC East (The Jets don"t worry me as much as Buffalo does). Plus, as of today, the Pats are already a game up on BOTH San Diego and Indianapolis, and that's NOT a bad thing at any point of the season in the current AFC.

There was some consolation watching the Colts lose last night. :daffy:

WJenness

You'd think they'd be more happy beating a healthy team than an injured one. Lessens any victory they may have.

Philly fans will take what they can get, as there hasn't been a major sports championship since '83 (76ers) and the Eagles haven't won the superbowl since 1960. They are also a fairly mean-spirited fan base (one might say bitter due to the aforementioned history)...

As for folks from the other side of the sate, they've just been jealous that Brady has always been better than Roethlisberger and bitter about the fact that the Pats beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh twice to make the Superbowl.

-w

Eagles fans are hardcore..I can't personally be happy or sad based on how well a bunch of multi-millionaire athletes play..

Paul

Philly fans will take what they can get, as there hasn't been a major sports championship since '80 (Phillies) and the Eagles haven't won the NFL Championship Game since 1960.
FTFY

They are also a fairly mean-spirited fan base (one might say bitter due to the aforementioned history)...
-w

Generalize much? Or are you just comparing them to the warm, fuzzy, puppies and rainbows Pats fan-base?