• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: Smoked Pork Loin

Glenn

My TR's are always kinda weak compaired to Root's. :lol:

I've done ribs before the smoker...but never a loin. Wow!! Was this a nice surprise!

The loin was just a tick under 2lbs...1.8 IIRC. It took about 2 hours to cook? My wife actually set up the smoker and got it going...even tossed the chips in! So I didn't have a good handle on the exact time. (I was still cleaning up from Doorapaluza 2008).

My wife makes a mean BBQ rub which she put on the loin and let that set before cooking. While the loin was smoking, she made some home made BBQ sauce. The sauce was put on the loin for the last part of the cooking.

After cooking, more BBQ and then we let it rest for a short bit. Since it's only 2 of us, we've got some nice leftovers. Can't wait for the sammies this is going to make. :drool:

Here's Mrs. Glenn putting the final round of BBQ on before we tented it and let it rest. Sorry for the BB pic quality.

IMG00126Medium.jpg

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Hey Glenn, that looks damn good. I did a pork loin once and it didn't look anything like yours.

Did you put any bacon strips over the top to help retain moisture?

Glenn

No bacon, straight pork. :lol:

This was somewhat of a seat of the pants smoke. We stuck the digi thermometer in there at one point, looked at the clock and said "close enough". :grin:

Glenn

I usually use apple wood for most of my smokes. This time, I threw in a mesquite pouch(I have chips...I soak them, put em in foil and put near the burner) and it added a really good smokey flavor.