• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Turbacondunken

Glenn

Right when I saw the pics I thought: "Root needs to make one of these in hi Orion smoker" :flag:

drjeff

Just reading that sent my cholesterol up 10 points!

Also got my mind thinking about putting one together and putting it in my Orion :) I think though that I'd have to get a much DEEPER drip pan for all the fat that would come off of a Turbacondunken!

drjeff

I'll stick with my tofurky, thank you very much...

hippy

:razz:

I made one of those psuedo cardboard insults to Thanksgiving Dinner for my sister in-laws (both burkenstock wearing, braided arm pit hair, super granola types :rolleyes: ;)) once. And while I will admit that some of the vegetarian experiements I've tried for my SIL's have become regulars in my house, the tofurkey most definately wasn't one of them :puke: :rolleyes: ;)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Honestly, I've never understood the faux meats. I don't mind a veggie burger now and again, but the soysage and tofurky and fakin bacon' I simply don't get. What are vegetarians doing when they eat that stuff? Fantasizing? :lol:

Euler

The Turducken pictured on that site is a travesty. A Turducken should be three birds, beautifully deboned, wrapped one around the other so that when finished, the whole thing can be sliced, never encountering a bone. To simple place bony chicken parts inside a turkey and slather it with bacon takes a pretty cool, but decadent, idea and turns it 'round the corner to the land of true repulsiveness. Yuck!