• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Using Same Bindings

bingo296

Hi everybody,

I am newcomer to this forum and first I would like to thank you for having the opportunity to ask people here about the issue i describe below.
I used the K2 Apache Recon Skis + Marker MX 12.0 Bindings 2010 combination, which is mainly for piste skiing.
A couple of weeks ago I realized that the front part of one ski has been bended upwards. In the shop, they told me that this cannot be repaired and that I should have caused this damage (I really don't remember something like this) .

As you understand my situation is that I should change skis and I am thinking of getting some more wider like the Movement Jam.

I'd like to ask your recommendation about moving the Marker MX 12.0 bindings to the Movement Jam? The bindings that are typically used on Jam are completely different from the Marker MX (at least by sight - they are smaller but wider). I know that they can fit on the new skis but I am not sure if it is the write combination (as you understand mainly for safety reasons).

Thank you!

Hawkshot99

Almost all of the Recon bindings were systems(there were limited flat skis sold also). Is the binding on your Recon on a sliding track like setup on the ski? If it is then no, you can not transfer them to a new ski .

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah if they are a system binding you might notbe able to. If the ski was "flat," as Hawk said, then you can reuse the bindings if they aren't damaged and the DIN setting will be adequate for you.

One consideration is that bindings are "indemnified" only for a few years, or in other words, shops will work with them if they are new enough and covered by the manufacturer's insurance (if I got that right). So your current bindings will have two years less time for tuning. Minor detail for most folks. A consideration though.