• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

eatskisleep

AT last day will be April 2
The Cat will go till April 9 - That SUCKS, they could easily make it to May
Heard a rumor of BW & WV closing after this coming weekend

BW
Pathetic. People need to stop buying passes there.

pinion

If next week’s storm delivers and the Cat only stays open until early April then that’s a huge issue, a big slap in the face to the guests who have stuck with them through the issues the past years, and really just throwing a rich history and tradition of late season skiing out the window.

I would hope they’ll announce a later closing date after next week.

drjeff

Both AT and the Cat just announced that they will operate 1 additional weekend each - weekend only

snoseek

Weekend only does nothing for me. I was hoping for a late April closer to may sorts closing and I gotta say I'm disappointed.

snoseek

So if I want to ski late I gotta go to mount snow? I like the place but the whole east/west route is fucking impossible to day trip. New england pass looks pretty fucking good right about now.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They probably always were but wanted everyone To feel special. See look what we are doing for you when Wildcat always stayed open later than their bonus weekend.
"It is season pass renewal season. We want EVERYONE to feel special. You included!"

vailkatz8*1200xx3610-2031-0-184.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
The 16th would be one weekend shorter than what Peak traditionally did. They'd have stayed open every day until the 16th, reopened for the 22-23 and extended weekends beyond that if the snow was there.

Vail sucks

snoseek

8 feet in March and they close Mid April...

NOT impressed
I've seen the struggle during so.e tough times and sorta brushed it off but right now is literally as good as it gets and my personal last chance to ski wildcat is April 5th? Yeah seriously fuck that!

2Planker

The 16th would be one weekend shorter than what Peak traditionally did. They'd have stayed open every day until the 16th, reopened for the 22-23 and extended weekends beyond that if the snow was there.

Vail sucks
I got married on May 1 at the top of the Cat and it was FREE 'cause they were still open.
Would have been $2,000 to rent the lift and Not allowed to ski down. Yeah right. Who'd stop me ?

Last edited:

Edd

With Wildcat, Vail had a chance to fool us with the gifted late season snow but they’re showing us who they are. We should believe them.

ThatGuy

With Wildcat, Vail had a chance to fool us with the gifted late season snow but they’re showing us who they are. We should believe them.
Lie to you…Never
Timmys playing baseball, maybe you should take a hint and wait for next year…By the way…its renewal season for all my favorite sadists
37233DD1-D83F-48AA-A24E-D6739461490C.jpeg

snoseek

#1 reason why Vail won't get my family's full time pass business back. The 4-6 week shorter season at Wildcat.
I'm probably doing cannon with indy add on and midweek gunstock and none of those places run a long season but fuck it they could have had me if they ran 1 area drivable (wildcat) till may 7 days. Also while I don't care too much about opening day I do like an aggressive effort to get things going.

thebigo

Vail burned me once with their short seasons, never again.

Number one reason we get boyne passes. Daily operations can be counted on from opening day in the east until the first weekend of may. Not to mention the rewards add up, our average boyne pass ended up cheaper than average ragged pass.