• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Valkyrie

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
The Mall Cop movie thread inspired me on this one. Has anyone seen Valkyrie? I've been wanting to see it badly since its release, but didn't have time to drive down to Concord, NH...... but it has arrived to the little theater here in Lincoln, NH and I saw it after skiing on Sunday. I really really liked it. If you have seen it what did you think?

loafer89

I saw it a few weeks ago with my father. It's a good movie and I was able to overlook the lack of a German accent on the part of Tom Cruise.

In the nearly 20 + years of going to a movie as an adult, this movie was the first one that I can remember that the crowd at the ending was completely silent, you could have heard a pin drop.

Of course the ending is quite sad. I have seen many different versions of the plot on television and this version is fairly accurate.

wintersyndrome

Typical of Tom Cruise...meanwhile in "Defiance" Leiv Schrieber and Daniel Craig not only speak with accents but they also speak Russian...acting is more than smiles and scientology

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
I have to be honest, it drives me crazy when actors speak in accents. Many many movies set in World War 2 have done this. Take movies like 'Tora Tora Tora' or 'Midway' when the Japanese are speaking there is an Asian accent........ either speak the language and have subtitles or speak in English. We know the Japanese were not talking in english with an accent. Same goes with WW2 movies based in the European Theater, Germans were not speaking in english with a German accent.

Just my opinion, don't anyone take it personally.

Vortex

I liked the movie. I saw it In bethel during the x-mass break. Guys went to this and girls went to me and marley. I like WW 2 and prior war movies/ dramas. I thought TC was good in the movie.
I had no issue with him not having a German accent.

loafer89

If the crowd here likes WWII movies similar to Valkyrie I highly recommend trying to rent or view Der Untergang - The downfall.

This is a movie about the last 10 days of Adolf Hitler in Berlin as seen through his private secretary, Traudl Junge. It's entirely in German with English subtitles and is the first
German made movie featuring Adolf Hitler to have a German speaking actor, Bruno Ganz.

The movie is very intense and very accurate.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
If the crowd here likes WWII movies similar to Valkyrie I highly recommend trying to rent or view Der Untergang - The downfall.

This is a movie about the last 10 days of Adolf Hitler in Berlin as seen through his private secretary, Traudl Junge. It's entirely in German with English subtitles and is the first
German made movie featuring Adolf Hitler to have a German speaking actor, Bruno Ganz.

The movie is very intense and very accurate.

That movie is great!

loafer89

Where you come frome a hero is some kind of weird sandwich.

Gotta love it.

You don't want in this thing, you ain't in this thing, I can pick up sixy feet of bridge just about anywhere, schmuck

Paul

Too bad ol' Tommy-Boy went off the reservation...

xenu981205072.gif

alg_matttom.jpg