• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Verizon - Your opinion

Verizon Service

• Total voters

WJenness

They are stealing my soul.

I've been calling them for point to point T1 circuit problems for about 10 years.

Every time it's the same routine, I open a ticket, they test it to the smart jack, close the ticket, I call them back, they dispatch someone, realize there actually is a problem and then fix it.

Why are they so awful? Why have they not improved this process in the 10 years I've been dealing with them?

AARGH!

-w

Moe Ghoul

I've been trying to slay that slothenly bloated beast for 6 years and still can't come up with an alternative in the same price range. They definitely blow, because if they sucked they could have some usefulness.

dmc

Ditch 'em....

I did...
On the home home side..
Using Vonage over the internet..
Sounds way better.. has it's issues but it's better...

Unless you can get FIOS... then it's a whole 'nother story...

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
They're the only ones that cover my home with cell service.

And um, they def. have the best cell coverage in NE, in my experience.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
They are stealing my soul.

I've been calling them for point to point T1 circuit problems for about 10 years.

Every time it's the same routine, I open a ticket, they test it to the smart jack, close the ticket, I call them back, they dispatch someone, realize there actually is a problem and then fix it.

Why are they so awful? Why have they not improved this process in the 10 years I've been dealing with them?

AARGH!

-w

Verizon has got to have some of the worst support around, but when it works, do like their service. I don't have T1, so can't speak to that. Do have cell, FIOS Internet, TV, Phone (both land line and cell) all really good service. God forbid I have a problem though. Maybe you should start looking at other options, I doubt, they'll get any better. You could use Verizon as leverage to get a deal with another provider.

WJenness

Ditch 'em....

I did...
On the home home side..
Using Vonage over the internet..
Sounds way better.. has it's issues but it's better...

Unless you can get FIOS... then it's a whole 'nother story...

They still own the last mile.

There are few options for point to point T1s where I work as they've paid an extorsion fee to the landlords allowing them to be on the short list of providers in the landlord's buildings (Cummings properties, owns most of Woburn).

And we're too small for some of the other providers we could get because they have minimum billing requirements that are about 10x what we're paying now.

Point to Point T1s are a totally different deal than "Internet access."

-w

Warp Daddy

Verizon SUCKS, BLOWS , ROTS and is a bloated pig of a company that deserves to go under .

THERE -- I really feel BETTER now -- we return you to regular programming -- thanx for your patience

bvibert

Staff member

That seems accurate to me, except for in the MRV where my phone doesn't work hardly at all. Greg's works fine though (AT&T I think)

Greg

Staff member
That seems accurate to me, except for in the MRV where my phone doesn't work hardly at all. Greg's works fine though (AT&T I think)

I get coverage all over the place with AT&T (formally Cingular). Yeah, I'll lose it here and there, but it usually picks up within a short distance.

BeanoNYC

Verizon SUCKS, BLOWS , ROTS and is a bloated pig of a company that deserves to go under .

THERE -- I really feel BETTER now -- we return you to regular programming -- thanx for your patience

Don't hold back, Warp Daddy. Please tell us how you really feel.

They're the only ones that cover my home with cell service.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Verizon worked for me in Manhattan on 9/11. I got a call out to my wife and family to let them know that I was ok.

Paul

Does it really matter? Its all a vicious cycle. Big corporations suck because they are entirely focused on the bottom line. The first thing that suffers is customer service because to have good customer service in a large company you need a large, content workforce, and you need time. Two things that most CEOs, COOs and CFOs feel hurt their bottom line numbers.
The bigger the corp gets, the worse their service gets. The worse the service gets, the more customers leave for the smaller companies that provide the better service. The more the big corps see that their losing their customer base to the small companies, the more small companies the big corps purchase and assimilate into their vortex of sucktitude. So, they customer who was happily using the services of SNET, finds that one day his bill says "SBC" and his service gets worse. So he switches to ABC telecom of greater Eastern Bumblefark and is happy, until his bill suddenly says "at&t" and he's farked again....

Lather, Rinse, Repeat....

deadheadskier

Staff member
Does it really matter? Its all a vicious cycle. Big corporations suck because they are entirely focused on the bottom line. The first thing that suffers is customer service because to have good customer service in a large company you need a large, content workforce, and you need time. Two things that most CEOs, COOs and CFOs feel hurt their bottom line numbers.
The bigger the corp gets, the worse their service gets. The worse the service gets, the more customers leave for the smaller companies that provide the better service. The more the big corps see that their losing their customer base to the small companies, the more small companies the big corps purchase and assimilate into their vortex of sucktitude. So, they customer who was happily using the services of SNET, finds that one day his bill says "SBC" and his service gets worse. So he switches to ABC telecom of greater Eastern Bumblefark and is happy, until his bill suddenly says "at&t" and he's farked again....

sounds about right

I haven't had any major issues with Verizon, it's what I use for work. I definitely think AT&T has better coverage, especially in remote areas.

Hawkshot99

Verizon is great for me. We have it for the cell's, and fios for home phone, and internet. We would have it for tv too, but we have Direct TV so that we can still use it for free at our vacation home.

Never have problems, but the few times we have it was easy to fix.

Warp Daddy

Don't hold back, Warp Daddy. Please tell us how you really feel.

Hey Beano I usually do "say what i mean and mean what i say" :D :D

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Verizon worked for me in Manhattan on 9/11. I got a call out to my wife and family to let them know that I was ok.

That's a strong reason for your and i understand , however my personal experience with too many Verizon meltdowns resulting in lost services for periods of time has lead me to my opinion of that organization. Its all in the eyes of the beholder

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com

You've got more angst than my 15 year old cousin. You lighten up before you have another ulcer.