• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett - 11/30/2013

Bostonian

Date(s) Skied: 11/30/2013

Resort or Ski Area: Wachusett

Conditions: Machine Groomed, Loose Granular

Trip Report: Took a morning trip out to the Mighty Wa as I had way too much on my plate yesterday. But seeing that I needed to get my turns in, 30 minutes down the road to Wachusett is what the doctor ordered. I managed to ski from 8am to 11am (then had to drive to Natick to pick up a bed and then off to Boston later that evening for my 20th HS reunion). So I had to maximize my time! I mostly stayed on Conifer which had a WROD, but it is a good WROD. Narrow in spots, and not too skied off. I did hit Challenger 2X, which had some soft new blown snow on it. All in all, I managed to get 13 runs in before errands had to be done. All in all, a successful morning, 2 trips under my belt.

Looking down Conifer:

Summit:

10th Mountain Wales:

wa-loaf

I was there in the afternoon with the kids. Snowmaking blasting on Ralphs, Challenger and Look Mom. Connifer was pretty skied off.