• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

weather-proof ski bag

gmcunni

i have a thule box that i prefer to use but can't always. Last year my skis got filthy in open rack on the 3 hour drive home in a snow storm (why was i driving home in a storm????). i used to have binding covers that i could at least get some protection from, anyone use bags with their roof rack?

i have bags but they are bulky for airline travel. i don't think they would work on the rack i have today.

Hawkshot99

They make the inexpensive thin nylon style of bags. But I would think that them flapping in the wind would make them fall apart pretty quick. Plus having to listen to it...

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
i have a thule box that i prefer to use but can't always. Last year my skis got filthy in open rack on the 3 hour drive home in a snow storm (why was i driving home in a storm????). i used to have binding covers that i could at least get some protection from, anyone use bags with their roof rack?

i have bags but they are bulky for airline travel. i don't think they would work on the rack i have today.

Buy a roll of shrink wrap and keep a knife handy , won't take up too much space .
That road mist gets into places in bindings that can't be cleaned.