• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Thread..12/12-12/14...

Hey All,

It's almost another weekend. What is everybody up to???

Friday: Work in the AM, Christmas lunch, go to bank, ski Blue...???
Saturday: Ski Blue...chillax..dinner with family..exchanging X-mas presents since my sister and bro-in law won't be around on the 25th.
Sunday: Ski Blue..parking lot pimping at Wal-Greens..practice dance moves in from of the mirror..

skidbump

Fri- was goin to belleayre but lookin like a icemare .
Sat -was goin to ski belleayre untill 12 or 1 then home for nap ,then out to a late party..Again lookin like a icemare.
Sun-sleep in

Moe Ghoul

Fri: Hit the gym by 7AM, then head to the german deli early and put package together for my bro and sisinlaw. They don't ship anymore, so now I have to do it myself. Got 3 Hefty Freezer bags filled with water, laying in a pan, freezing into nice 1" sheets , gonna use an Omaha Steaks styrofoam box I saved (finally found a use for it :) ) and overnite it with UPS from the local Staples on our way to BJ's to load up on some merchandise. Put my heaters in my new footbeds.

Sat: Finish a few decorating chores, gym, take the gals somewhere nice for dinner, thinking about the Capital Grille or Morton's for a GREAT steak.
Sun: Wishing it was Tues., take the pups for a long hike, some football, might even tie a load on just for the heck of it. Pack up ski gear.

gmcunni

NOT SKIING! :angry:

friday night - son's band concert
saturday night - neigborhood christmas party
sunday - mom's birthday, taking her out to brunch.

Hawkshot99

Friday-work early. Hopefully if the girl at the front desk is correct, powder turns under the lights after work.
Sat-Hopefully powder turns before mountain opens, then work.
Sun-Work ridiculously early for demo day. Hopefully I "need" to interact with some of my reps, and "have" to go take runs with them. Only for work purposes of course.:lol:
Sun night- Drive south to see friends and family on my day off.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Friday - Work. Wife wants to go see "The Nerds" play.
Saturday - Hopefully by brother will be coming up to celebrate xmas. Also have to help my mother move some furniture.
Sunday - Ski Blue, perhaps get drunk

drjeff

Friday - work until lunchtime (asuming we don't get iced out here in NE CT!) Pick up kids + dogs and head upto VT for the weekend

Saturday - Mount Snow (Demo Day - JEA!! not more than 2 runs on the same pair of sticks all day for me :) ) Then dinner @ Vcunnings place Saturday night as I help him decrease the volume of liquid in his Beertender :beer:

Sunday - Mount Snow then some hot tubbing, some beers and watch the Patriots/Raiders game

deadheadskier

Staff member
My weekend? Too much work for the first half, but hopefully rewarded with a great ski day at Sugarloaf on Sunday.

Terry

Ski Sunday River on sat. Hit Shawnee Peak on Sunday. Probably drink some beers as well. Gotta get some shopping done at some point but can't rush into it.

frozencorn

Saturday, watch the boy while the wife has her annual Christmas day with her BF...probably finish up some shopping.

Sunday, would like use up a freebie. Stratton? Waterville? SR? Not sure what's going to be the best bet after this storm?

lerops

Was planning to go skiing to start the season this weekend, but things are not looking good.

Instead, I might focus on planning my two weeks of skiing in Utah starting Thursday. :grin: I need to convince my wife to go straight to the mountain after landing in SLC around 10:30 am. :snow:

WJenness

Weekend is up in the air...

No power at home when I left this morning... reports are that it could be Sunday into Monday before we have power again.

I'll go nuts staying home with that going on, so I'm trying to decide what I want to do...

-w