• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Thread..2nd weekend in October..what's everybody up to???

Hey All,

It's almost another weekend. What is everybody up to?

Thursday night: Hitting up Happy Hour probably have dinner at the bar..watch the Phillies
Friday..work then late afternoon hiking....then ????
Saturday..parking lot pimping at the Farmers Market, Wal-Mart and Target...hit up the Eliptical machine in my apartment complex gym..practice old school dance moves in front of the mirror.
Sunday..golf with my Dad and his buddy late morning..chill over at my parents house..Laundry..

Everybody have an awesome weekend!!!!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Bar tending Friday night, hanging out with a friend in Maine after

Saturday: Nothing planned for the day time, possibly going to a birthday party in Boston during the night time.

Sunday: Football

Moe Ghoul

Do stuff I blew off for the past week outside, run a few chores, cook a few meals, possibly go out with friends for dinner saturday, but wifey might cancel since she's in a cast, run to HD for a few things I need, and generally not spend any money.

drjeff

In about an hour, going out with my staff tonight, if for no other reason to celebrate that most of us LISTENED to the financial planner who oversees our retirement funds and pulled them out of the market when in was still in 5 figures!

Friday, office is shut down. Pick the kids up from pre-school @ noon and then upto Vermont for the weekend

Saturday a combo of Mount Snow Oktoberfest and my Townhouse owners association annual picnic :beer:

Sunday a combo of Mount Snow Oktoberfest and my townhouse annual owners meeting, plus watch the Patriots/Chargers game Sunday night

Monday - head back home to CT

Glenn

Oktoberfest at Mt. Snow. Still leery of the "Wiener Toss". :spin:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Friday - work busy day planned.
Saturday - not much planned yet
Saturday night - got invited to a BBQ for engineers. I don't really want to go, but it would be a good career networking opportunity. Plus I have nothing else to do.
Sunday - not much planned

skibum9995

Friday - HIking in the Whites
Sat - Work 6.45-2, then nap
Sun - Work 6-1, then hitting the bars in Boston

Hawkshot99

I need to be up at Jimney peak at 8am on Sat. morning for there Columbus weekend sale. Staying there till monday and working in the shop. Got a sweet condo comped!

krisskis

Friday...sleeping for a bit after working tonight. Sending my daughter off with her grandparents at noon upstate <near Hunter Mtn> to the place the entire town goes to every columbus day weekend. Friday night...who the hell knows.

Saturday...sons football game at 9:30 am...then throw him the car and take him upstate and drop him off with the grandparents. Stay for a bit, have a few brews and then head back towards my place near Belleayre. Me, my sister nor KingSlug have been there in months and im afraid to see what the critters have gotten into while we were gone.

Sunday...off to either Belleayre or Hunter for Octoberfest. Im leaning towards Hunter beacuse of the whole Belle thing being down in Arkville this year. But i dont know if i want to head back over to Hunter. Arkville is 7 miles down the mountain from my place...hunter is 35 minutes away...hmmmm.

Monday....clean up the place and get it ready for ski season and then head back home after lunch. We should beat the kids home and then its laundry and getting the kids ready to go back to school on tuesday.

gmcunni

Friday night - Pizza + Red Sox vs. Devil Rays
Saturday - AM baseball game with son, yard work, dinner and a show (defending the cave man)
Sunday - AM MTB, mid-day baseball game with son, yard work, backyard campfire
Monday - AM work / afternoon MTB (hopefully)

ccskier

Friday, Circus at TD w/ wife and son.
Saturday, having yardsale with friends down the road. Probably drink heavily with the proceeds. Look for car for wife.
Sunday, car shop, do some house stuff, work stuff. Pats game on tube, beer and food.
Monday, go to office for few hours since playing Golf on Tuesday.

Terry

Sat- packing for the moose hunt, if I get packed in time we will go to fall festival at SR.
sun- leaving at 4 am for northern maine for the hunt. Won't be around a computer all week so everyone behave in here. Will have lots of reading to do when I get back.

playoutside

Friday - drinking gin & tonics, watching the Sox game, doing laundry
Saturday/Sunday - camping in NH, drinking, trying to stay warm after the sun goes down
Monday - working, it'll be nice & quiet, maybe I can get some stuff done for a change