• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

West Virginia skiing video

Cornhead

Not only has your trip entertained, it has educated too. I was curious who did the cover of John Denver's Country Roads. I discovered it was Me First and The Gimmie Gimmies, perfect choice btw. I had never heard of them, guess I'm officially an old fart. Cool concept for a band. I like how each of their albums is covers of a specific era or genre. I read an interview of one of the band members. He said they struggled recording their soul themed album because, "When you take the soul out of soul, it kinda sucks." Do younger people even know the songs they're covering? Are there any Me First cover bands? That'd be weird.

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
I put the full report up on my blog if anyone is interested:

http://skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com/2012/11/skiing-sandy-timberline-whitegrass-west.html

A couple of preview pics:

IMGP3859.jpg

DSC_0153a.JPG

amf

Well I just got back from WV. Without question, the skiing at whitegrass was better than any eastern skiing I have had in 2012 to date. Period. On Sunday it truly was "packed powder", only packed by mother nature. Lets hope its a portent of things to come!