• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whaleback chair spinning...

Tin

Good news... On the drive up to K yesterday morning the Summit chair was spinning (don't know if they were testing it or what). Never realized how steep the mountain was until I drove by. Can't wait to give it a try this year.

xwhaler

Its a lot of fun, especially when the snow is good. They have some great pitch trails on the front side and some in the woods you can;t see from the highway.
Very under-rated little gem.

dlague

Been there once to give it a try! A chair lift upgrade would be nice the lift line moved pretty slow. I have to agree, there are some nice trails that can not be seen from the Highway. Definitely has an Old School vibe!

Savemeasammy

I will agree that whaleback is a good little mountain - it's the one I grew up on. The snowmaking is a bit behind the times, so the mountain needs a lot of natural to really shine. It's definitely a throw-back, and it is great to see the lift spinning again this year. BTW, the scheduled opening is 12/26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk