• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What mountain is this?

Buckeye Skier 1330

The snow capped peaks on the left side of this pic behind the northern flank of the Lafayette. I think it is either the Twin Mountains or the northern most peaks of the Presidential Range. When we drove around to the town of Twin Mountain on 3 and 302 I could not spot any snow capped peaks. A few years ago we pulled over at a scenic overlook on Rt 2 between St. Johnsbury and Barre. I could definitely see a snow capped peak between Lafayette and the Presidentials. Are the Twin Moutnains one of those that you can only see at certain angles? It seems like Moosilauke is that way, when we were on the Moosilauke Highway, Rt. 25 I couldn't see the snow capped summit. But several miles south on 93 , it showed up really well. Just kinda curious, figured there are some people on here familiar with the area that might know. Thanks!

New_Hampshire_March_09009.jpg