• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When will Mount Snow Open??

Euler

I'm itching to get out on the snow this weekend...
Any chance Mount Snow will be ready to go by then?
Paging Dr. Jeff...

mlctvt

They could be according tothe seasons passholders website Kelly the general manageer says they are "going for it" with snowmaking but no anounced opening date yet.

I was at my place last weekend and when we arrived Friday night I could hear the sweet sound of the snow guns going but by Saturday it had warmed up and they were shut down. If you look at their webcams you'll see just a little snow if front of each fangun. Weather this week looks ok for snowmaking at least Tuesday and Wednesday. Once they do decide to go for it they only need 48-72 hours of around the clock snowmaking to open. It all depends on the weather later this week.

Smellytele

Weather after Wednesday night look a little iffy with temps in the high 40's during the day. With a chance of r@1n Sunday night into Monday.

drjeff

My GUESS.....

They'll be spinning at least 1 lift this weekend for sure. It might just be launch pad for the traditional early season park jam on Discovery, but they'll be spinning a lift.

As Kelly said in her blog today, it's all about the base area cams. If when we wake up tomorrow AM and look at the Main Base Area Cam and the Carinthia cam and there's a thick layer of white with no sign of grass where the fan guns are running, then i'd say that there's a good chance of a top to bottom opening Saturday AM.

If there's still a decent amount of grass visible in the base area, then they'll more than likely just push some snow around on Discovery for a mini ram jam set up and hold off on top to bottom for the following weekend and some more snowmaking time!

I did take it as a good sign for a full opening this weekend that they fire up the air/water guns on Cascade visible on the summit cam, that usually doesn't happen unless they feel like they have a good chance of getting open in the near future :fangun: :)

Euler

Well, it'll either be Mt. Snow or Okemo for me this Sunday. I've got my fingers crossed for Mt. Snow as that's where my kid's got his pass.

C-Rex

I'm definitely pulling the trigger to get my season started this weekend, the only question is where I'll be aiming....

dlague

I will be working the Ski/Snowboard Show in Boston Thursday-Sunday afternoon so skiing is definitely out of the question for this weekend but I will be seeing winter all around me! This year has had a bummer of a start in some respects since I have not started ski season as late as I will this year in a while. Darn kids!

canobie#1

I will be working the Ski/Snowboard Show in Boston Thursday-Sunday afternoon so skiing is definitely out of the question for this weekend but I will be seeing winter all around me! This year has had a bummer of a start in some respects since I have not started ski season as late as I will this year in a while. Darn kids!

Where are you working at the expo?

Glenn

They've had the guns going all morning. Looks like decent coverage on Canyon. But it's hard to see detail on the webcams. Even if not this weekend, I'm thinking next weekend (let's hope the warm-up leaves quickly) which is still pretty early. I consider a Thanksgiving opening "early" for SoVT.

I'm keeping my eye on Stratton too. Bromley is supposed to open this weekend...

snoseek

Why doesn't PEAK open wildcat or attitash early? The passes seem like they're enough to justify a nice long season...specifically Wildcat, if they put some money into snowmaking the cat could be a top contender for longest season in the east and close enough to Boston that people might actually go.

jaytrem

It's offical, they're opening on the Friday. GM announced on the passholder site.

mlctvt

How much for lift tickets?

From the latest snow report

"Lift ticket rates will be $55 for adults, $45 youth and senior, $5 for kids 5 and under and a lower mountain ticket for Launch Pad/Discovery Shuttle lift will be $30. There will be no multi-day or afternoon lift tickets and no snow guarantees will be provided. "

C-Rex

Anyone know if they'll be doing a group rate? My club gets group rate all year so I'm wondering if they'll give us a deal early season.

Euler

Anyone know if they'll be doing a group rate? My club gets group rate all year so I'm wondering if they'll give us a deal early season.
I don't know for sure but I doubt it. They will want to minimize crowding. It's worth a call though. No half day tickets available either. I'm not that big a fan of the WROD at this time of year, but my 13 yr old son is desperate to get out on the hill and I'm happy to take him.