• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When you're on the lift...neck warmer up or down?

Hawkshot99

Cant wear one. Hate the feeling of not being able to easily turn my head side to side with one on. I do raise my jacket collar depending on the wind direction though.

I get more bothered by the wind at slow speeds on the lift than I do at speed while skiing.

Cornhead

I pull it up over my goggles, I'm afraid of heights. It makes disembarking the lift a little ify, sometimes I go around the bullwheel and trip the safety stop. Hopefully the liftie is jamming some tunes at the top and I can tell when I'm getting close and it's safe to pull it down.

gregnye

If its a slow lift and warm--down. If its a faster lift and colder--up. If it's the "Flyer" at Jay Peak--always up! Even if they are running it really slow!

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

If its very windy and 20 or below then I put one on and take it out of my back pack, but I don't like the tightness feeling you get from it.

SkiFanE

A poll about neck warmers a month ago. Now this. What is the obsession with knowing whether people keep their necks warm? LOL...I mean really...who gives a flying fuck?!

Polarizor

I'm sorry, but it would appear my account was hacked by a retarded fish. My apologies to all who replied to his retarded question with serious answers.

Cornhead

I'm surprised anyone answered this seriously, don't you remember this guy trashing the "slowest lift" thread? I think we could all use some snow! :snow: Keep it up Polarizer, it's entertaining.