• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where you are skiing during thanksgiving and weekend?

Skrn

It looks like snow in Maine/Jay and winter mix/rain elsewhere on wed/Thursday. Also windy on Thursday. Is it worth it to drive to Maine? What’s your plan?

thebigo

Wildcat wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday - not sure about the storm but I will be in the valley so I might as well make some turns each day.

drjeff

Mount Snow on Friday and Sunday with a trip up to Killington on Saturday to sit in the grandstands and watch some of the fastest ladies in the world on skis do their thing in the GS course! :flag: :flag: :flag:

BenedictGomez

<----- Hasn't understood the WROD desire

<----- Doesn't understand the WROD desire

<----- Will never understand the WROD desire

ERJ-145CA

I'm planning to go to Belleayre on black Friday. I'm working Saturday and Sunday so that's it. Well, I get done pretty early Sunday so I might go to Mountain Creek since it's down the road.

Sent from my SM-G970U using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

The areas I have gone to have all been more than the WROD except Wildcat which only had one official way down. Anyway back on point: just skied Cannon Saturday, wildcat Sunday, Bretton Woods Monday and Loon today. I am skiing Sunday River tomorrow. Cannon Friday and Saturday. Maybe sugarbush Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Mount Snow tomorrow before the rain. Looks like the weekend will be an ice rink on anything that doesn't have fresh snow made on it after the rain/freeze.

Monday is far away but there is crazy model agreement for something potentially major. I can't wait to snow chase again! :thumbup:

KustyTheKlown

I’m holding out hope that the back end of the rain produces. Jay forescast to get 4-8”. If that happens I’ll do Jay Friday and someplace further south Sunday. It would pain me to not ski on a 4 day weekend

crazy

They don't have woods open up there yet do they??

Last I heard, even if their woods aren't "open" you are allowed to ski them at your own risk. I've seen pictures of people skiing the woods last weekend when they opened. Someone with more recent knowledge of Jay Peak please correct me if this information is no longer accurate.

abc

I'm going to Montana for a nordic ski clinic/camp!

Unfortunately, the timing sucks. There's not enough snow in their "usual" trail. Though fortunately, they're able to move the event higher up where there IS snow. But we're told to expect hassle getting up to it from town.

Unfortunately, a storm is coming on the day I'm landing at Bozemen! I'll have to drive through the snow for 90 miles. I have no idea what kind of road condition I'll encounter, and how long this drive will end up taking.

That is, if my flight is uneventful. Otherwise, all bets are off.

I don't usually ski the WROD. Not going to start anyway. Hence the nordic camp instead. But like all ski trips, it's always a gamble.

ghughes20

Can't get away this weekend, but temps to get colder soon and looks like we should be in for major trail expansion next week heading into the 7th/8th Weekend.

Skrn

I’m holding out hope that the back end of the rain produces. Jay forescast to get 4-8”. If that happens I’ll do Jay Friday and someplace further south Sunday. It would pain me to not ski on a 4 day weekend

This is how I feel. Not ideal condition now but painful not to ski during a 4 day weekend. Better to be on the slope than stay home

JimG.

Staff member
Will probably swing by Belleayre for a few hours both Fri and Sat.

Pretty unexciting terrain but nothing really worth driving further for until maybe next week. Definitely preferred Belle's old early plan with Onteora opening first.

K with lower East Fall would be nice but not into WC crowds.

KustyTheKlown

stranger things have happened.

jay @ 3000 feet.

Wednesday Night
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 7pm. Low around 25. Very windy, with a south wind 33 to 43 mph becoming west 14 to 24 mph. Winds could gust as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Thanksgiving Day
Snow showers, mainly before noon. High near 29. Windy, with a northeast wind 23 to 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

killington @3400 ft.

Wednesday Night
Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 7pm. Low around 28. Very windy, with a south wind 36 to 40 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Thanksgiving Day
Snow showers likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Windy, with a north wind 31 to 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

sugarbush @ 3000 ft

Wednesday Night
Snow before 1am, then snow showers after 1am. Low around 27. Very windy, with a south wind 35 to 40 mph becoming south 26 to 31 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Thanksgiving Day
Snow showers, mainly before noon. High near 29. Windy, with a north wind 26 to 33 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Last edited: