• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

White Russian Appreciation Thread..

This is a spinoff of the mixed drink thread..a tribute to White Russians. I've had my fair share of White Russians back in the day and they are great. Between checking ski and weather sites, I often browse www.nytimes.com..The writing is often clever, informative and modern. Moe Ghoul..pronounced mogul has bumped..get it..many threads..and also had The Dude from The Big Lebowski as his Avatar picture. Well now bowling alley bars are selling alot of White Russians..although the movie is a decade old, it has a huge cult following with some who were in middle school when the movie came out..here is a link to a mad steezy article..enjoy..

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/03/dining/03lebo.html?em

Moe Ghoul

My New Year resolution: Attend a Dude Fest in 2009.
I'm thinking a "TBL 2" should be a retro to his College years in Seattle (Seattle 5) and have him be a former ski bum who's skiing days came to an end after an accident (non ski related and resulting in a sizeable enough settlement that he could support himself modestly without working another day in his life.) and a few too many brain cells, so he eventually migrated to CA to retire and pursue his passion in bowling and self-medication. And we have to see "His lady friend and the little Lebowski" episode as well.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Dougwich, that's a great idea. I'm going to go make one because I got a bad case of RLS and can't seem to relax. Stand by...

Chris I

I ordered one tonight, instead she insisted i tried a similar drink. amaretto, kahlua, van vodka and milk. It was alright, I would have much rather had a white russian.

but it was free. cheers to white russians

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I ordered one tonight, instead she insisted i tried a similar drink. amaretto, kahlua, van vodka and milk. It was alright, I would have much rather had a white russian.

but it was free. cheers to white russians
That sounds like a Toasted Almond. I like those.

ETA: Correction, "Roasted Toasted Almond"...also yummy.

kid3

Also known as a "fatty" here in Maine. I prefer mine with Orloff Vodka and Allens Coffee Brandy! Developed a taste for them last year, put on some weight and had to give them up so I could fit into my ski clothes. Not working as things were a little tight on my first outing at the loaf this year! God what a day. Can't believe how great the conditions are here! 92 Trails today!

hrstrat57

real milk no 2% junk.....heck maybe even a little creme....

Yum.....

did I tell ya bout the time I had a house party and about 10 partial glasses of wr's were left for clean up in the am.....

I had a house cat at the time.

Found her next morning paws up in the litter box....

not dead, but nearly. Kitty's love milk I guess......:puke:

real milk no 2% junk.....heck maybe even a little creme....

Yum.....

did I tell ya bout the time I had a house party and about 10 partial glasses of wr's were left for clean up in the am.....

I had a house cat at the time.

Found her next morning paws up in the litter box....

not dead, but nearly. Kitty's love milk I guess......:puke:

ahahahahaha...has anybody had a White Russian since this thread was created??? I haven't but on Friday at our work Christmas party I think I'm going to order one..:idea:

WJenness

The other kind of White Russians we all appreciate:
sharapova_en_la_playa-1024x768.jpg

-w