• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who’s blowing?

machski

Interesting Loon expects an inversion tonight and will only be making in West Basin on the predominate racing terrain. Hmmmm, wonder if they are hosting any of the ladies teams for training in a few weeks.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Pretty much everyone here in Utah. Solitude opens on Friday; I expect Brighton will open shortly. Alta is opening next weekend.

snoseek

I don't know whats gonna be left after the upcoming weather. Pressure is on to blow but I think its probably a waste of money

drjeff

Mount Snow fired up overnight - pic poached from the Mount Snow Passholders FB group FB_IMG_1667997592931.jpg

Last edited:

Newpylong

who gives a shit? do you know what it means? Is there air movement involved- be it by fan or compressed air? Then it is blowing. It isn't sucking.

Other than the fact that the people who actually make the snow detest the phrase and it sounds silly, sure, I know what it means.

Ragged is testing their water and TAs that they had to upgrade the controls on this year: https://raggedmountainresort.com/Mountain-Cam/