• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's open for MA Spring Break week ???

2Planker

With school vacation being 4/19--4/23 we're wondering where the action will be.... Now that tentative closing dates are being mentioned.....

Hopefully The Loaf will go thru 4/25....

drjeff

I would say, and I'm making the assumption that we'll have "normal" temps/weather the next month :rolleyes: That you'll have Mount Snow, Killington, Sugarbush and probaly Jay in VT

Likely Wildcat, maybe Loon + Brettonwoods in NH

Sunday River, The Loaf and probably Saddleback in Maine.

I'd also say that it's a safe bet that not everyone that still may be open that week will be operating mid-week

But the reality of the modern ski industry, as has already started in Southern New England is that season closings from lack of daily volume (and for a few after this past weekends deluge lack of snow) have already started, and we're realistically 3 weekends away from mass closings (Easter weekend) across New England :eek:

2Planker

BW is a "Maybe"

Loon, SR and Wild Cat are closing before our spring break starts...

Not sure about Saddleback, but they usually don't make it much into April....

The Loaf is not syaing yet.....

WWF-VT

Let's keep our fingers crossed that there is still plenty of terrain open up north in late April. Keep in mind that the mountains that are still open will have fewer trails open and lifts operating than mid season.

noski

Sugarbush generally stays open that week specifically for school break. Win can chime in if he has other plans.

snowmonster

SR is saying an April 19 (Patriot's Day) close with free skiing. So why not ski for free on the 19th then head to the Loaf for the rest of the week? I remember closing day at SR last year and there was a ton of stuff to be skied.

2Planker

Cause we ski SR + The Loaf every weekend.

Was hoping for a Stowe, Smugs, Jay week, or at least Wildcat.....

thetrailboss

Staff member
As stated the usual suspects Sugarloaf, Sugarbush, Jay Peak, Stowe, Killington. Wild card: Saddleback.

catsup948

Mount Snow just had Carinthia open last year during spring break. Lots of mountains close with plenty of snow to ski just not enough skiers to run lifts.

Riverskier

BW is a "Maybe"

Loon, SR and Wild Cat are closing before our spring break starts...

Not sure about Saddleback, but they usually don't make it much into April....

The Loaf is not syaing yet.....

Sugarloaf has the season pass holders bbq scheduled for 4/25, so they are definitely planning on being open at least through then, weather permitting. They are also promoting Boyne passholders deals on the Sunday River website for lodging at Sugarloaf after they close on the 19th. I suspect Sugarloaf will try to stay open until at least the 1st weekend in May.

Not to be a downer, but the weather better start to cooperate or many resorts seasons are going to be cut short. 50's and sunny every day with sporadic rain will take it's toll quickly. Still plenty of time for a return to winter though.

frozencorn

Yeah, the Cat came out yesterday and hinted at a May closing date if all works out.