• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

who's still making snow?

octopus

seems to be the only option this year.i think a couple maine resorts are, and maybe some vermont. what about new hampshire?

steamboat1

A little to warm the past couple of days for productive snow making anywhere. I'd be surprised if anyone had there guns on. When/if it gets cold again I'm sure most places might make one last push.

WoodCore

Mohawk has been making snow at every oppurtunity the last few weeks.

emmaurice2

Last Sunday (2/12) I took the scenic route home from Magic and saw that Stratton, Mt. Snow, Haystack, and Bousquet were making snow. Berkshire East was not, however. +1 to Wood Core for Mohawk, still expanding terrain, even.

k123

Pic from Belleayre

attachment.php

drjeff

Mount Snow made snow and opened new terrain this past week and haven't pulled the plug on snowmaking for the year yet!

skiingsnow

Killington has been making snow lately and is planning to make more snow on multiple trails including Outer Limits once temps drop...

drjeff

Mount Snow just put up on their FB page that they're firing up the snowmaking system tonight! :fangun:

steamboat1

From the Killington daily report:

"Killington's snowmakers were thinking that Sunday should start with some freshly surfaced trails, and we couldn't help but agree. They plan to head to Cruise Control and Skyelark, and Outer Limits is scheduled to be under the guns during the day on Sunday. So for skiers and riders who like moguls and snow guns, OL is waiting for you."

Cheese

any nh reports. or is it too warm?

I was at Bretton Woods and Waterville Valley the last two days. Neither are making snow but personally I don't think they need to. They're both nearly at 100% open so I wouldn't think spending big money to open 1 or 2 more trails would be financially responsible. Neither resort has been hit with any rain recently so there's no need for resurfacing either. Conditions are all up to the grooming staff now and they're doing a great job.