• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Windham on Wednesday?

mikec142

Thinking of pulling the kids out of school for the day and heading up to Windham this Wednesday. Supposed to get some snow Tuesday into Wednesday. Would love to get in one more day. Kids sports have really kicked in and barring a last minute trip to VT on 4/11, this could be it.

Anyone been to Windham recently?

Powda

I was down there on Saturday for a few hours. Conditions were alright and wasn't too crowded until later in the day. I believe Windham is closing this Sunday.

mikec142

Went to Windham yesterday. I haven't really skied mid-week in a long time. The vast majority of my skiing is done on weekends and holidays. So to say that I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled into the Windham lot at 9am and got a spot in the first row of cars in the lot. I was tempted to take a picture because it was so strange to me.

Windham didn't get much (if any) snow. But the vast majority of the trails were open. A ton of grooming was done and considering there couldn't have been more than 150 people on the entire mountain there were wide swaths of corduroy through mid-afternoon. It was fun to make high speed GS turns all day and not worry about other people on the mountain. It was blue skies all day and relatively good conditions with one major exception. There was a brutally stiff wind which really made for a cold day on the mountain. Stopped for a few hot chocolate breaks with the kids. We called it quits at around 2:45 after getting in a ton of runs.

It was really a great way to (unfortunately) end the season for us. Spring sports have started in a big way and we are heading south for Spring Break. My kids and I were desperate for one more day so this felt like an appropriate close to the season. I discovered Alpine Zone this winter and almost feel like I can't browse here until next winter otherwise I'll be supremely jealous of the rest of you who are still flocking to VT for the great snow.

Last edited:

SIKSKIER

I discovered Alpine Zone this winter and almost feel like I can browse here until next winter otherwise I'll be supremely jealous of the rest of you who are still flocking to VT for the great snow.
And Nh and Maine.Then NH in the presi's for always the last skiing in the east.Yes NH has the latest skiing.