• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Woman Pulled Over for Buckling Beer, Not Child

thetrailboss

Staff member
You read it right...a friend just sent this to me...

Beer gets seatbelt. Child doesn't Tue Feb 5, 11:18 PM ET

Police have arrested a motorist they say had a 24-pack of beer strapped in with a seat belt but had a 16-month-old girl unrestrained in the back seat with the toddler's mother.

Tina D. Williams was pulled over in St. Augustine on Sunday for allegedly running a red light.

A 24-pack of Busch beer was strapped in with the passenger-side seat belt, according to an arrest report. The girl was in the back seat with 20-year-old Amber Tedrick, who is the toddler's mother.

Williams, 46, said she didn't know why the child wasn't restrained.

Williams refused to take a breath test and a deputy found two metal pipes commonly used to smoke drugs in her purse, authorities said.

Williams was charged with driving under the influence, child abuse, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving without a license, a jail official said. She remained in the St. Johns County jail Tuesday after bail was set at $31,000.

The jail did not have the name of her attorney. It was not clear if Tedrick would face any charges, but the child was released to her care, according to The Florida Times-Union.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Life sure can change fast....

One minute you're racing home to chug 24 cans of Busch, the next you're faced with charges of driving under the influence, child abuse, possession of drug paraphernalia and driving without a license.

idiot-41423.jpg

bvibert

Staff member
I thought I saw that on the news either last night or this morning as I lay there half asleep. I figured it must have been some sort of weird dream.... Guess not! :eek:

Paul

Brought to you by the great state of
florida.gif

The only state in the Union deserving of its own Fark tag.

hahaha..so funny but a quick stop can send beer flying all over...I miss living in Montana 4-5 years ago when you could drink a road soda outside of the Bozeman city limits..