• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Woodbury Likely Dead, Land Sold

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
From NESH:

Shuttered since March 2016, Woodbury has been sold and is unlikely to reopen as a ski area, the Republican American reports.

The property was acquired Quassy Amusement Park owner Eric Anderson in 2021, who hired Stevens Engineering while developing plans to reopen the tubing operation followed by skiing. According to the Republican-American, Anderson subsequently decided that "running Quassy keeps him busy enough."
Tapawingo Tubing sold the 10-acre tubing property to Woodbury's Hidden Paradise LLC on February 10, 2023 for $550,000. The 20.6-acre ski area property was sold to Seymour Blackwood and Simon Pyne on August 29, 2024 for $675,000. Tapawingo Tubing issued the mortgages for both purchases.

Not surprising but sad nonetheless.

I learned to ski there. I was 7yo and it's the only time I ever skied there despite being 20 minute from home.