• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

World Series Thread..Who are you rooting for???

Well the world series starts tonight on Fox..way steezier than TBS with those stupid FrankTV ads..Who are you rooting for..I'm going to root root root for the Phillies..If the Phillies win the world series..there is going to be so much rioting in downtown Philly..if the Phillies lose the world series..there is going to be so much rioting in downtown Philly..lol

Oh yeah and I just realized the other day that it's the Tampa Bay Rays..not the DevilRays..doh..lol

Dr Skimeister

I think that from the top on the line-up to the bottom, the Feelies are the more talented team. But I also think the Rays are having one of those "magical" seasons, which is difficult to handicap.

Rays in 6.

Trekchick

I have to root for the Phillies, because when my tigers were in the WS a few years ago, my buddies from Philly was rooting for my tigers.

The Tigress is gonna grrrrrrowl for the Phillies!!

Philpug

My name sake. I will say if it wasn't for the Phillies, I would root for the Rays, win or loose, that have had a remarkable season and should be hugely proud of themselves.

FRITOLAYGUY

I dont know who to root for part of me wants to root tampa because they beat my team and i live near there however they are BS fans and only started paying attention to baseball in the last few months.. Philly fans actually like baseball and attend games during the whole year, then again i have been to some sporting events in philly in particular a eagles game and they are all degenerates and need to suffer some more, 25yrs isnt enough, so i guess im rooting for neither.

roark

Sorry GSS. If the Rays bats stay hot (and the defense solid) I say Rays in 5. Their starting pitching is simply awesome.

I dont know who to root for part of me wants to root tampa because they beat my team and i live near there however they are BS fans and only started paying attention to baseball in the last few months.. Philly fans actually like baseball and attend games during the whole year, then again i have been to some sporting events in philly in particular a eagles game and they are all degenerates and need to suffer some more, 25yrs isnt enough, so i guess im rooting for neither.

LOL. I think this team might be a change for FL baseball. Unlike the Marlins buy em and dump em strategy the core of this team should be locked in for several years and will be a contender for awhile.

While TB may be fair weather fans, I just can't root for a philly team. Ever.

Paul

I'm an Iggles fan so...

Phillies-Logo.gif

Hawkshot99

Rays. The local Minor league team (Hudson Valley Renegades) is owned by the Rays. I have seen some of the rays play as they came up through the system. Used to have season tickets.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Crap. I forgot my wife went to college in Philly. Now she want to watch the game. I'll be sleeping by 9:30. Just as well, I've got a big meeting tomorrow.

Incredible start by the Phillies..homerun in the first inning for two runs and now two men on and zero outs..JEA!!!!!!...they need a win today and WTF is up with the cowbells??? The people with the cowbells should be bitchslapped..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I sat next to a guy at a Devils game once who had a cow bell. I had threatened to shove it down his throat after the liquor kicked in. My brother asked me to play the cow bell in his band one night, that was pretty cool and much less annoying. Pretty much the limit of my musical abilities.