• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WTF is up with V-Day

Glenn

I saw St Patrick's day stuff out the other day. That got a big WTF from me.

went in to rite aid to score snackage and did a double take when i saw all the big red heart boxes of candie. shit they should just put the stuff out with the christmass stuff.

They always put the Valentines day stuff out immediately after Christmas..it's a huge holiday for retailers.

FWIW..For What It's Worth...I prefer Wal-Greens for parking lot pimping..especially in the ghetto..They should just have a holiday section in the stores and have stuff for all the Holidays all the time...I want some mo-fo Easter candy now..

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
My wife works for a company who is a supplier to Walmart and Target. She's basically got to have all product approvals done by the end of January for Xmas '09. That would drive me bonkers.

drjeff

I'm guessing by next week we'll start seeing 4th of July stuff being set out at walmart :rolleyes:

SKIQUATTRO

the Christmas stuff you see is actually next year's Christmas stuff.....I think Macy's has swimsuits out already.......

the Christmas stuff you see is actually next year's Christmas stuff.....I think Macy's has swimsuits out already.......

You can always find swimsuits at Macy's in the winter but they're uber expensive..they bank on the fact that someone needs it for a last minute trip to Mexico or Jamaica..

What annoys me is the Guinness countdown clock to St. Patricks day..While St. Patricks day is a great holiday..it also means that the ski season is winding down which sucks ass..I wish it was always Groundhog day..then I could ski everyday all year..

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
You can always find swimsuits at Macy's in the winter but they're uber expensive..they bank on the fact that someone needs it for a last minute trip to Mexico or Jamaica..

What annoys me is the Guinness countdown clock to St. Patricks day..While St. Patricks day is a great holiday..it also means that the ski season is winding down which sucks ass..I wish it was always Groundhog day..then I could ski everyday all year..

you should open a place down in chile. i hear people die there.