• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First?

Kingslug20

Stowe is still holding off on a date..SugarBush opens tomorrow. Guess I''' just have to go up there and see this weekend.

drjeff

Stowe is still holding off on a date..SugarBush opens tomorrow. Guess I''' just have to go up there and see this weekend.
I am guessing that sometime today, after a survey around the mountains and how big the whales made last night are, that the Epic resorts slated to open already/soon, will put out a bit of an update as to when an opening date is likely to happen.

They'll know what they have down on the hill today, The forecast for the next say 48 hours should be fairly accurrate for them to plan on how much more they should be able to produce given the forecast. So it should be easier to make a realistic call on when they can get some lifts spinning

slatham

Just to summarize: The Ikon pass holder sitting around today planning out their ski weekend have five confirmed options for Friday. The epic passholder has zero.

More bothersome to an Epic holder is the lack of any information about opening. This HAS to be a centrally controlled situation. The local mountain ops team know exactly how much snow they have, and how much more they need, and what they can put down by Thursday. That's why every non-Vail resort that plans to be open this weekend has already announced when.

Epic-fail.

snoseek

I'm guessing a few epic resorts will open this weekend.

JoeB-Z

Somehow the Epic central control did not get to Sunapee who said they would open on 11/24 and changed that yesterday. And its not like the weather turned against them, just reality.

Zand

Wachusett is still trying for Friday. Might be tight getting that in after a warm Thursday. Sunday seems more likely.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Somehow the Epic central control did not get to Sunapee who said they would open on 11/24 and changed that yesterday. And its not like the weather turned against them, just reality.

The snow report on Sunapee's website hasn't been updated since April 11th. Lol

thebigo

Bretton woods - Friday.

Opening day will be Friday at 9 AM! Lift and trail status updates will be coming soon so be sure to check back often. Making snow on Outer Bounds, Range View, Crawford's Blaze, Big Ben, Ben, and Rosebrook Meadow. Cold temps have returned and we continue to pile up the snow. Please be advised that there is no hiking allowed at this time. Please respect the mountain operations team and their efforts to get the mountain open.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Belleayre is planning to open 11/26 and I plan to be there.
Will likely hit Belleayre this weekend if neither Hunter not anywhere in NEPA opens. Looks like they plan to open Dot Nebel with 927 foot vertical

$60 not a bad price for a weekend ticket at the only place closer than VT.

Last edited: