• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PSA: 2024-2025 Ikon Renewal

jimmywilson69

Prices Out per lift blog ~8% increase.

A-Basin still a "partner" affiliation as the sale hasn't closed yet. They also released that they will be offering an A-Basin only pass.

Last edited:

Zermatt

I think we are downgrading to the Base pass next season and will not miss out on much. My wife turned four days of skiing at Kitzbühel that would have cost $260 total for day tickets into $200 per day by only using her Ikon pass four days this season.

With the savings will pay for non Ikon tickets in France for Feb break.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think we are downgrading to the Base pass next season and will not miss out on much. My wife turned four days of skiing at Kitzbühel that would have cost $260 total for day tickets into $200 per day by only using her Ikon pass four days this season.

With the savings will pay for non Ikon tickets in France for Feb break.
I do have to wonder if folks will now start to rethink the IKON. The full IKON is now pretty pricey.

VTSkiBike

I do have to wonder if folks will now start to rethink the IKON. The full IKON is now pretty pricey.

Almost $1300 getting hard to justify. I'll probably downgrade to a Ikon base.

I just want a stand along unlimited Sugarbush pass for under $1k. No other mountains, no food discounts, no extras.

Zermatt

I just want a stand along unlimited Sugarbush pass for under $1k. No other mountains, no food discounts, no extras.
How does $1,249 get to almost $1,300? Why not just round to $1,500? It only costs $1,149 with renewal.

A bargain compared to season passes at Jackson, Aspen, Killington etc or big resorts in Europe.

jimmywilson69

I think it depends where you are local to. For a vacation skier it does seem pricey at first glance. That being said, if I want to do Ikon base, but I also want to ski Jackson Hole for 3 days, the bump to Ikon base plus is a little more than the cost of a day ticket and the price for the full ikon is less than the cost of 2 days tickets.

By mid month I will have skied at Killington 6 times this season on "discount" K tickets that cost not much less than the cost of an Ikon base. Its a no brainer that I will be buying an Ikon Base or more depending on where I may want to vacation out west next year. The real question becomes do I downgrade my Epic from a local to a northeast pass.

I'll pay 6% tax in PA...

cdskier

A stand alone season pass to SB was over $1K prior to the Alterra purchase. I have 0 issues justifying $1300 for Ikon (or actually more like $1200 for a renewal). The option to ski the blackout days is well worth the extra cost over base to me.

VTSkiBike

A stand alone season pass to SB was over $1K prior to the Alterra purchase. I have 0 issues justifying $1300 for Ikon (or actually more like $1200 for a renewal). The option to ski the blackout days is well worth the extra cost over base to me.

Yeah I just like complaining because I almost never ski another Ikon mountain and never use any other pass perks.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Are the blackouts on the base pass more extensive than in past years? That will keep me on Epic local.

cdskier

Also just looked at last year...there was no sales tax added that I see for me (I'm in NJ). I did add the optional pass protection which added about $75 to my cost last year.

cdskier

Renewing full Ikon. Surprised to see Windham still on board and glad to see Arapahoe on the limited plan.

I didn't even look at the partners list. I'm surprised Windham is still there as well. Thought for sure they would have at least dropped off base, but looks like they are even still on that.