• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I am going to be one irritable B*TCH for a while..

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Next time your stressed or insanely frustrated... and feel like you're going to burst, just drop and do as many push ups as fast as you can, until you're physically exhausted. Takes the stress right out of me. I have had some strange looks at work because of it though.

jack97

One of the hardest things I did and I feel great knowing I did quit the habit.

The thing that kept me going was reminding myself that the tobacco company is owning me via the addiction they set, only way to stop that is to quit.

Trekchick

As for the oral fixation............try a sports bottle.
No experience here, but one of the tips my friend used was replacing a smoke with water from a sports bottle.
The theory is two fold.
Replaces the oral fix
Hydration is a good thing and help your body to recover from oxygen deprivation.

Paul

As for the oral fixation............try a sports bottle.
No experience here, but one of the tips my friend used was replacing a smoke with water from a sports bottle.
The theory is two fold.
Replaces the oral fix
Hydration is a good thing and help your body to recover from oxygen deprivation.

Helps keep you from eating as well. Which is why many people go back.

10 years smoke-free, after 12 years of 2-3 pack of unfiltereds a day.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
She's weak, she won't make it.

What? This thread needs at least one antagonist. Just in case Kris responds well to that kind of thing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
She's weak, she won't make it.

What? This thread needs at least one antagonist. Just in case Kris responds well to that kind of thing.

remind me when I decide to quit not to post about it here in AZ. I'm sure you'd figure a way to send me a virtual ash tray :lol:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
gra_bdoctor.jpg

:D

krisskis

You guys are just evil.

I went to the club last night and a had a few cocktails. That was harder than hell. I did have about 4 drags from my friends, but it didnt even taste good. I didnt go out to the "smoking area" again. Fresh patch on, a bit hungover. Im going back to bed.

dmc

I smoke a nice Cuban cigar the other night... It was tasty..

bigbog

activities will make it easier...

Developing a routine of either hiking, paddling, or cycling/MTBing will get the endorphins flowing...out in the fresh air! That'll kill the indoor nicotine cravings....just takes a little time...