• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top Movie Super Villains according to Yahoo

PA Ridge Racer

Kind of a weird collection I guess....some of which I agree with. Don't know if they're in any kind of order though.

1) The Joker (The Dark Knight)
2) Darth Vader
3) Voldemort (Harry Potter)
4) Megatron (Transformers)
5) Davy Jones (Pirates of The Carribean)
6) Agent Smith (The Matrix Reloaded)
7) Doctor Octopus (Spiderman 2)
8 - The Wicked Witch of the West
9) General Zod (Superman 2)
10) Magneto (X-Men)
11) Khan Noonnein Singh (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)
12) T-1000 (T2 Judgement Day)
13) The Queen (Snow White)
14) The Ring (Lord of the Rings)
15) Syndrome (The Incredibles)
16) Satan (South Park)

The list with pics can be found here...
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/collections/gallery/879/superbad-top-movie-supervillians

ComeBackMudPuddles

4) Megatron (Transformers)
15) Syndrome (The Incredibles)

I could see how you could make arguments for most of the ones on the list (serious or joking), but the two above are really, really bad choices....

Transformers was a fun movie, but I thought Megatron SUCKED in the movie (granted, I worshipped the show as a kid and collected quite a few of the toys, so I guess I was bound to be disappointed).

There was a bad guy in The Incredibles? The movie was fun and well done, but the bad guy wasn't memorable as a "greatest villain of all time"....

I second Dr. Evil.

I'd also add Jack Torrance from The Shining.

And Kaiser Sozay from The Usual Suspects.

And Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs.

Paul

I take the list to mean Super villans, not super Villans. IOW, the either have super powers or, at the very least, are the nemesees to Super Heros.

This would keep Lecter, Soze, Jack torrance et al off of the list.

Of course, with criterea like that, its bound to be a crappy list. As far as villans go, I agree with the above mentioned, and would add Anton Chigurth (No Country for Old Men) Kevin Spacey's character in Se7en, and Ernst Stavro Blofeld from the James Bond Canon.

ComeBackMudPuddles

I take the list to mean Super villans, not super Villans. IOW, the either have super powers or, at the very least, are the nemesees to Super Heros.

aaaaaaaaah. you're right. i followed the link and they used the term "supervillain"....

my bad habit of calling things "super" (like, "i had a burger last night, and it was really super!!") got the best of me....

PA Ridge Racer

I could see how you could make arguments for most of the ones on the list (serious or joking), but the two above are really, really bad choices....

Transformers was a fun movie, but I thought Megatron SUCKED in the movie (granted, I worshipped the show as a kid and collected quite a few of the toys, so I guess I was bound to be disappointed).

There was a bad guy in The Incredibles? The movie was fun and well done, but the bad guy wasn't memorable as a "greatest villain of all time"....

I second Dr. Evil.

I'd also add Jack Torrance from The Shining.

And Kaiser Sozay from The Usual Suspects.

And Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs.

Agreed...I too was surprised to see Megatron on the list. He was only in the last half hour or so of the film (the best part IMO). Not that I didn't love the first but I have a feeling the next TF will be everything the first should have been (read Soundwave!!)

Plus...the ring from Lord of the Rings is just a weird pick

mondeo

Darth Vader, T-1000, Arnold as the Terminator should all be high on the list. The shark in jaws. Raptor/T-rex team in Jurassic Park. Predator.

There are no superheros or supervillains in the Batman movies. Everyone is a person that just uses toys of some sort. No one actually has superpowers. Joker is off the list.

JimG.

Staff member
Arnold as the Terminator...Joker is off the list.

I watched the original uncut Terminator last night..that was a great movie and a perfect role for Arnold who still doesn't speak English all that well.

But I disagree about the Joker. His humanity and utter insanity make him even scarier.