• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

prisnah

Just ordered some booster straps this morning. Planning on throwing em on my old boots and seeing how I like them before I go boot shopping in a few weeks.

ZOG

Ordered Salomon Falcon CS Pro boots today.

892626.jpg

Philpug

Just ordered some booster straps this morning. Planning on throwing em on my old boots and seeing how I like them before I go boot shopping in a few weeks.

I am trying a pair on my Kryptons this year, I am interested on how they will perform.

ZOG

Those are nice! Let us know how you like them.

I have a pair of Falcons from 2 years ago when they first came out. Incredible boot. Very precise, and smooth. I had to have the shells widened a bit to fit my wide foot, but it wouldn't seem to stay wide enough for me. I have those for sale on Ebay now. The new ones seemed wider to me right out of the box.
With the CS shell expanded a bit I'm sure I will like these more.

prisnah

I am trying a pair on my Kryptons this year, I am interested on how they will perform.

How are you installing them? I know some people who run them under the shell, on the tongue and some who run em in place of a regular strap and a couple who have some kinda double strap going, with the original strap running on the inside and the booster on the outside or vice-versa.

Unsure what I'm gonna do at this point, I'd like to figure it out soon. Any recommendations?

Warp Daddy

Even tho it was the last thing ( got 5 jackets already and several soft shells ) i really needed you guys stimulated my curiousity with all the good jacket deals at TJ Maxx

So today i found a saweet ATOMIC ski jacket BLACK with white and red trim regular $500 for $199 got all kinds of great features BUT my fav are the sewn in thumb cover thingys in the sleeves and teh in teh sleeve season ticket insert pocket -- no more flappin :D at least on this jacket

The Queen and I also picked up some FREE season passes at a regional speed bump that have reciprocal agreements on 3 days each week at 3 other areas -- FREE gratis --nada -- BEST deal ive gotten as a newly minted Sr

Philpug

How are you installing them? I know some people who run them under the shell, on the tongue and some who run em in place of a regular strap and a couple who have some kinda double strap going, with the original strap running on the inside and the booster on the outside or vice-versa.

Unsure what I'm gonna do at this point, I'd like to figure it out soon. Any recommendations?
I am going to try them outside the shell.

Philpug

Trip 8's are mounted with Jesters, now just waiting for my BlizzErd 8.7's to arrive. I will be done with purchases for a month or so at that point.

Mildcat

The Nordicas I bought came with Booster Straps. I finally got to try them Friday and they worked really well. Have you had a chance to try them yet?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The Nordicas I bought came with Booster Straps. I finally got to try them Friday and they worked really well. Have you had a chance to try them yet?
My new Nordica Olympia Beasts have Booster straps, but they're not quite the same as the Booster straps I have sitting around that were waiting to be installed on my old pair of boots. Interesting...

prisnah

Skied without 'em on Saturday and then till lunch Sunday. Had SR Sports put em on while I ate and had a beer.

WOW, they freaking rock. Completely changed the feel, I felt so much more connected to my skis, so much easier to rail 'em on edge, completely eliminated all shinbang. I am a convert for sure. Still gotta buy new boots next week, but for now they breathed new life and flex into my beat up old ones.

gmcunni

if you are planning to shop at ski market this weekend:

THREE DAYS ONLY!
NOVEMBER 28 – 30
Spend $200 or more ~ SAVE $20
Spend $400 or more ~ SAVE $40
Spend $900 or more ~ SAVE $100
Spend $1,500 or more ~ SAVE $200
Limit one savings offer per customer. Savings based on purchase total net of any applicable sales tax. Offer valid on in‐stock merchandise only and cannot be applied to previous purchases, layaways, gift cards, lease/rental packages and deposits, event
tickets or combined with any other offer. Offer valid November 28 – 30, 2008, in all Ski Market, St. Moritz, National Ski & Bike, and Underground locations. Merchandise may vary by location.

$20 Savings: Code 99080708
$40 Savings: Code 99080709
$100 Savings: Code 99080710
$200 Savings: Code 99080711

Geoff

I just bought a $499 Arc'Teryx Stingray soft shell on eBay for $205.64 including shipping. I already own one but I lost enough weight over the last year and a half that I needed to drop down a size.

arc-stingray-ws-tinger-tn.jpg