• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pens

drjeff

Why is that we buy practically 50 fine tip ball point pens a month for my office and I can never find 1 of them??? :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but unless I'm writing with a fine/extra fine tip roller ball pen, I'm just not a happy camper.

Fell free to add to this snow starved random useless rant now ;) :rolleyes:

wa-loaf

You can tag them with RFID and set up scanners on the exits to catch people walking off with them ...

drjeff

You can tag them with RFID and set up scanners on the exits to catch people walking off with them ...

Or I was thinking about getting them engraved/labeled with something like "Ask me why I'm a lowlife and stole this pen??"

drjeff

Get 2knees underwear to store the pens in.

Dude, I even though Ive got cases and cases of latex gloves and various other personal protective gear in my office, I GOTTA USE THE PENS, and I'd be scared to use it after they've been in that resting place! :eek:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I am seeing more and more offices with plastic flowers attached to the end of the pens and they sit in a mug like a mini bouquet. Kind of, but not too tacky. I'm sure most of the time your customers walk out with them inadvertently. I have a pen in my pocket almost all the time for my work and often am a unintentional pen thief at offices, stores, wherever after signing CC slips.

Geoff

Any true Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy fan knows the answer to this:

Veet Voojagig, was a quiet young student at the University of Maximeglon, who pursued a brilliant academic career studying ancient philology, transformational ethics and the wave harmonic theory of historical perception, and then, after a night of drinking Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters with Zaphod Beeblebrox, became increasingly obsessed with the problem of what had happened to all the ballpoint pens he'd bought over the past few years.

There followed a long period of painstaking research during which he visited all the major centres of ballpoint pen loss throughout the galaxy and eventually came up with a quaint little theory which caught the public imagination at the time. Somewhere in the cosmos, he said, along with all the planets inhabited by humanoids, reptiloids, fishoids, walking treeoids and superintelligent shades of the colour blue, there was also a planet entirely given over to ballpoint pen life forms. And it was to this planet that unattended ballpoint pens would make their way, slipping away quietly through wormholes in space to a world where they knew they could enjoy a uniquely penoid lifestyle, responding to highly ballpoint pen-orientated stimuli, and generally leading the ballpoint pen equivalent of the good life.

And as theories go this was all very fine and pleasant until Veet Voojagig suddenly claimed to have found this planet, and to have worked there for a while driving a limousine for a family of cheap retractables, whereupon he was taken away, locked up, wrote a book, and was finally sent into tax exile, which is the usual fate reserved for those who are determined to make a fool of themselves in public.

When one day an expedition was sent to the spatial coordinates that Voojagig had claimed for this planet they discovered only a small asteroid inhabited by a solitary old man who claimed repeatedly that nothing was true, though he was later discovered to be lying.

There did however, remain the question of both the mysterious 60,000 Altairian dollars paid yearly into his Brantisvogan bank account, and of course Zaphod Beeblebrox's highly profitable second-hand ballpoint pen business.

In the UK, they call a ballpoint pen a Biro after the inventor, László Bíró. The US verson of the book uses "ballpoint pen", the Brit version uses Biro.

I always tend to horde the pens at work,.I like the Blue ones the best..maybe cause of Blue mountain. The boss buys this fancy pen from Staples that's like $10..I'm fine with the ones that are a buck..the ones that are all drippy stink..what's with people who write in cursive in the business world??? I want to be able to make out writing..

Rants Rants Rants..I have so many rants..I will re-visit this site later on after I get some beer in me..

Rants:

I freaking hate airport gapers..you know who you are..with your see through passports around your neck but you're only going to Cincinatti..eating your Cinabons reading the NY Times in the middle seat elbowing me everytime you turn the page..walking through security with your just bought $4 coffee..bitching at security for making you throw it out..

People who go in the 10 items or less express line with more than 20 items..there should be some sort of fine..these people should be tackled..shackled and.....ejected..

Liftline cutters..I straight up say.....Back of the line bitch....,"Sir can I cut in front of you to catch up with the rest of my friends"....No....and then I look like the asshole..bro you ain't getting to the loose granuler faster den me cause I got in the line first..

People who reserve their spot in early morning lineup with their skis....then go in the lodge to crap..rub one out.and eat a 7 dollar breakfast burrito...I'd love to reserve my spot in line for concert tickets with my shoes..

People who think it's wrong of me to hate on these idiots...Fuc0 You

Customers who arrive 45 minutes early for an appointment when I am sitting with another family and ask when I can see them and when I say...In 45 minutes..they look at me like I'm the asshole..f-you show up on time..

Customers who I set up an after hours appointment who end up being a no-show.and then ask for another after hours appointment..and don't apoligize..well I still meet their requests cause $$$$$ is $$$$$..but they are still dosh-sacks

When my Mom tells me I drink to much after I'e only drank about a gallon of beer...that's just getting started..

That gust of wind into my eyes at the eye Dr..

Getting a table at a truck stop all you can eat buffet 8 feet from the mens room...

Giving a $3 tip at a truck stop all you can eat buffet and having the waitress look at me like I just lifted her and her 7 kids out of poverty

many more to come

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Why is that we buy practically 50 fine tip ball point pens a month for my office and I can never find 1 of them??? :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but unless I'm writing with a fine/extra fine tip roller ball pen, I'm just not a happy camper.

Fell free to add to this snow starved random useless rant now ;) :rolleyes:

I believe your team has been handing them out to customers in lieu of complimentary toothbrushes which you were too cheap to buy :wink:

ERJ-145CA

Any true Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy fan knows the answer to this:

In the UK, they call a ballpoint pen a Biro after the inventor, László Bíró. The US verson of the book uses "ballpoint pen", the Brit version uses Biro.

Now I know why what is now the Bic round stic used to be called the Bic Biro.

drjeff

I believe your team has been handing them out to customers in lieu of complimentary toothbrushes which you were too cheap to buy :wink:

:lol: If you only knew how big the check I signed for Proctor & Gamble (Crest's/Oral B's parent company and the maker of the toothbrushes my office gives out) last week for our quarterly shipment of toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss :eek:

:lol: If you only knew how big the check I signed for Proctor & Gamble (Crest's/Oral B's parent company and the maker of the toothbrushes my office gives out) last week for our quarterly shipment of toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss :eek:

My dentist gives those out as well..but let me guess...50 patients a day 20 days a month..for 3 months..times $3 each= $9,000...am I at least close???