• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Coffee

ZYDECORICH

I've been trying many different ones lately. I've got a good shop to go to that has many. I only buy full bean and grind my own. So far I like the Kenyan Double AA big bean and a Sumatra. My fave is Jamaican Blue Mountain but you can't always find it. As a standard the A&P French Roast is excellent. A chef friend of mine says to put a dash of cinnamon in to cut any bitterness... apparently restaurants do this often. What about your tastes?

Dr Skimeister

I've been trying many different ones lately. I've got a good shop to go to that has many. I only buy full bean and grind my own. So far I like the Kenyan Double AA big bean and a Sumatra. My fave is Jamaican Blue Mountain but you can't always find it. As a standard the A&P French Roast is excellent. A chef friend of mine says to put a dash of cinnamon in to cut any bitterness... apparently restaurants do this often. What about your tastes?

If I'm feeling high-brow, Kona is the choice. Otherwise. Eight O'Clock French Roast is my daily joe. Whole bean/grind is the only way. :)

roark

supposedly there's nothing like roasting your own. I'm lazy, so I buy from a local roaster - usually yirgacheffe or sumatra.

Geoff

If I'm feeling high-brow, Kona is the choice. Otherwise. Eight O'Clock French Roast is my daily joe. Whole bean/grind is the only way. :)

I usually drink chinese green jasmine tea. When I'm in a coffee mood, I do Eight O'Clock Colombian. I always do whole bean/grind.

snoseek

A chef friend of mine says to put a dash of cinnamon in to cut any bitterness... apparently restaurants do this often. What about your tastes?

Cinnamon won't do much for bitterness just add a nice (for some) flavor. A couple grains of salt will help with bitterness.

I like Carpe Diem out of Berwick, me. Also the big 2 1/2 # bags they sell at Sam's is great everyday coffee. Can't remember the name right now

rocojerry

Weavers, warning, it may make your daily coffee not as good... Once you are on there mailing list, occasionally they do free shipping promo's (time to stock up)

skijay

GMCR (Green Mountain Coffee Roasters) Caramel Vanilla Cream. I get them in the K-cups.

The rumor was stomped out Friday that SBUX would partner up with GMCR to offer SBUX k-cups. That would be like Dunkin Donuts selling Krispy Kreme donuts or the iPhone running on the Droid OS.

Euler

Peets French Roast. GMCR French Roast, Shelburn Coffee Roasters French Roast, Starbucks French Roast...

I like coffee to taste like coffee. Will only brew it in a french press. Yum!

I'm a little surprised that others who swear by whole beans buy the 8 o'clock beans? Is such an inexpensive bean really that good?

Edd

Port City Coffee Roasters in Portsmouth, NH have a blend called Capone that I've been hooked on for a year.