• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington = WIN. 10" in 24 hour, K-1 might open tomorrow!

Cornhead

I would have smashed the lock on the effin thing!!!

No doubt, at least rent skis, I'd be damned if I'd drive all that way and not ski. I did once this year, but there were extenuating circumstances.:angry: This would not have stopped me. Have fun at Killington, I think I might be back next weekend.

Gilligan

Hello AAA? Yeah, I locked myself out of my car . . . uh . . . carrier.

gmcunni

No doubt, at least rent skis, I'd be damned if I'd drive all that way and not ski. I did once this year, but there were extenuating circumstances.:angry: This would not have stopped me. Have fun at Killington, I think I might be back next weekend.

got half way to VT for a day trip years ago only to find out my son thought i put his skis in car and i thought he did it. he rode rentals that day.

Gilligan

As many people have quoted me here, what that mean?

AAA = American Automobile Association

When you lock your keys in the car, members can call and get a mechanic to come open their car doors for them. Maybe they could open a car ski carrier, too.

Tooth

I'm headed up tomorrow to ski Friday and Saturday and am stoked for new snow and first time skiing Killington.

I almost skied it a few years back but upon parking we realized we left the keys to the Thule box back in NJ.

F that. I would have ripped that damn thing open. It wouldnt be that hard to replace a lock on a Thule. I dont believe this for a second. JONG.

ScottySkis

AAA = American Automobile Association

When you lock your keys in the car, members can call and get a mechanic to come open their car doors for them. Maybe they could open a car ski carrier, too.

I know who aaa is I have it but I do not think that will unlock skis in a bin on top of a car, but that is just my guess.

kingslug

On the way t Washington we stopped for gas, in her mothers car, it was bigger...got out of the car and heard...click......the friggin doors auto locked..in a gas station..at 11 pm..in the middle of nowhere...AAA came to the rescue and opened it in 3 seconds, only waited 15 minutes...been a member for 15 years...

bdfreetuna

Instead of making a trip report I'll just post here about skiing Thursday April 12 @ Killington.

Pretty much everything off the K-1 Gondola was open. And just about everything off the Superstar quad chair was open.

The snow was thick and heavy, and only partially tracked out because there were suprisingly few skiiers there today and yesterday. A few of the woods were open and some of the ones that weren't open (like Julio) I skiied anyway. Poached a couple trails because there was plenty of snow and ski patrol didn't seem to care.

Best part of the day was I met a really cool girl about my age on the first Gondola ride up, and we hit it off and ended up skiing together all day.

To those who are thinking of heading up tomorrow, be prepared for some bare patches, rocks, sticks, and slushy areas. I would really be suprised if the Gondola is still open over the weekend because the snow they got is melting fast due to the trails having no base and just a fresh coating of heavy snow.

Get up there tomorrow... it might be your best chance to ski trails like Escapade, Ovation, and several other trails that haven't been open all season until now.

I imagine from the looks of it Killington will have terrain accessed by the Superstar quad for at least another couple weeks.

Also if you head up there tomorrow do not expect any groomed terrain. The entire mountain was natural moguls except for a few trails that weren't very well tracked out. Very heavy snow and not easy to make turns... today was a real leg burner. Advanced and Expert terrain only.

Last edited:

Tooth

Instead of making a trip report I'll just post here about skiing Thursday April 12 @ Killington.

Best part of the day was I met a really cool girl about my age on the first Gondola ride up, and we hit it off and ended up skiing together all day.

One of the best posts I have seen in awhile. Thats awesome. Good for you. You will never forget today I bet. Stay in touch with her. Dont stalk her. Be cool. Well done. :)

2knees

Ss awesome. Lower skyelark great and biiiggg. Lwr east fall ok. Rest nothing

Gilligan

No way gondi spins tomorrow. Walking by 2 today

Wrong. K's Conditions page says Gondola spins tomorrow - with 300 yards of walking at the base. Great effort by Killington giving skiers the option. Anyone that does not want to walk can always ski Superstar.

2knees

Wrong. K's Conditions page says Gondola spins tomorrow - with 300 yards of walking at the base. Great effort by Killington giving skiers the option. Anyone that does not want to walk can always ski Superstar.

relax chief. It was an opinion. Good for K.

Gilligan

relax chief. It was an opinion. Good for K.

Very relaxed here, thanks. Just trying to stop the spread of false information. Sometimes people try to make their opinions sound like facts.