• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington = WIN. 10" in 24 hour, K-1 might open tomorrow!

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
I was there today, too, and yes, there was a TON of snow, but BMac is right -- it was very heavy and got tracked out rather quickly.

Thought you all might enjoy some pix:

index.php

index.php

index.php

MommaBear

Are there bumps anywhere to be had? Or just lots of heavy snow that has been pushed around? Trying to decide whether to head up for tomorrow or not. Next chance won't be still Saturday.

Puck it

There today with steveo and jonnypoach. It was lighter up high and was at least 20" if not more. Very heavy down low and about a foot.. Made a a bomb crater in one of the bumps on lower Skyelark. Last run was lower powerline. Hit a stump and flew into some small spruces. Thanks for the help Jonny. I could not get out of my skis without his help. It was that deep.

bigbob

Pics work for me now. I almost snapped a picture of the Slow sign myself today!

ozzy

I was there today, too, and yes, there was a TON of snow, but BMac is right -- it was very heavy and got tracked out rather quickly.

Thought you all might enjoy some pix:

Not if you have skis that are 125 underfoot and you know where to go..

538883_3417341084910_1611625465_2808881_2030472640_n.jpg

bdfreetuna

Is it still snowing up there for the next couple days?

If they have 40 trails open today I wonder if they'll be opening even more in the next couple days.

I'm thinking of heading up Friday and Saturday.. I'd rather wait for some moguls to form and the snow to get packed down a bit... as long as the trails are still going to be open.

ozzy

Is it still snowing up there for the next couple days?

If they have 40 trails open today I wonder if they'll be opening even more in the next couple days.

I'm thinking of heading up Friday and Saturday.. I'd rather wait for some moguls to form and the snow to get packed down a bit... as long as the trails are still going to be open.

I dont know where they came up with 40 honestly. Basically, it's all of K basin, Snowdon and anything off Superstar back to the Snowshed crossover (which i heard was groomed out). Yes, it's supposed to snow til Thursday with the best shot Weds-Weds night

Highway Star

They are going to need to groom some of the traverses eventually and spread some of the old ice piles around if they want to run the k-1 for this weekend, which would seem to be reasonable.

ozzy

They are going to need to groom some of the traverses eventually and spread some of the old ice piles around if they want to run the k-1 for this weekend, which would seem to be reasonable.

the runout from adjacent to where RF lets out to just above the CQ4 was super sketchy yesterday. We stood around for a few mins and watched people auger themselves in on waterbars there after giving them heads up to slow down.

bdfreetuna

I'm heading up to Killington tonight... plan on skiing Thursday and Friday and then coming home.

This is a late season blessing!

snosharkrider

I'm headed up tomorrow to ski Friday and Saturday and am stoked for new snow and first time skiing Killington.

I almost skied it a few years back but upon parking we realized we left the keys to the Thule box back in NJ.