• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Teen lost at Sugarloaf

thetrailboss

Staff member
I guess no sign of him after today's search. And they are looking both in and out of bounds. Scary. He did not have his cell phone. Fingers crossed, but there is not even a hint as to where he went.

Bene288

I've always looked at the Recco sensors on my boots and thought: "This is kind o wasted on the East coast." It could probably be utilized in a situation like this I would think. I really hope they find him and he has a lick of survival knowledge and a lighter.

BenedictGomez

Hearing on the news he skied out of bounds and thought he could get back......built a snow cave and slept in it.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've always looked at the Recco sensors on my boots and thought: "This is kind o wasted on the East coast." It could probably be utilized in a situation like this I would think. I really hope they find him and he has a lick of survival knowledge and a lighter.

I've never understood WTH the recco sensors actually did. I should google that. How would that apply in a situation like this? What'st he range on the Recco transponder?

wa-loaf

Are you guys watching it on TV or something because all I can find online are the basics.

o3jeff

I've never understood WTH the recco sensors actually did. I should google that. How would that apply in a situation like this? What'st he range on the Recco transponder?

I have one of those sensors that came on my Marker jacket, read about it the other year but don't remember much on it.