• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org

trackbiker

Got both! GREAT deal, thanks so much for posting! I would of never seen this, if we all watch out for one another we are all stronger! This list rocks!

I've found a lot of great deals on this thread over the past several years. Glad I could pass something on.

BenedictGomez

The Ski + Ride 4 free site appears to have been updated for the season with a 2013/14 participating gas stations sheet now available.
http://www.skiridefree.com/

This used to be the #1 deal in budget skiing, IMO, but its gotten to the point where nearly every resort save a few has eliminated Saturday use.

CT and MA remained almost exactly the same in terms of gas stations, NY lost some and gained sum with the net addition of a couple, but the big change this year is Vermont got CRUSHED. Last year VT had 33 gas stations in the program, this year they have 6 :( Horrible.

I'll have my annual map done sometime tonight for those that bookmark it and use it with GPS.

ScottySkis

BenedictGomez

Ski Ride Free GPS link

One of the problems with this program is its' tough to know/remember where all the participating gas stations are when you're traveling and are out-and-about in ski country. Bookmark the below link on your Smartphone or GPS enabled device and it opens up a map with all the participating gas stations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Vermont. That way you wont miss out on valuable ski stamps this winter.

Feel free to share my map link with other skiers and boarders, I've set it to "public" for that purpose so as many folks as possible can rack up the free skiing. My map from last winter got almost 650 hits, so hopefully we'll top that this year.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=43.145086,-74.344482&spn=3.651044,8.453979

fahz

Ski Ride Free GPS link

One of the problems with this program is its' tough to know/remember where all the participating gas stations are when you're traveling and are out-and-about in ski country. Bookmark the below link on your Smartphone or GPS enabled device and it opens up a map with all the participating gas stations in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Vermont. That way you wont miss out on valuable ski stamps this winter.

Feel free to share my map link with other skiers and boarders, I've set it to "public" for that purpose so as many folks as possible can rack up the free skiing. My map from last winter got almost 650 hits, so hopefully we'll top that this year.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...ll=43.145086,-74.344482&spn=3.651044,8.453979

:spread:Thanks! :daffy:
Saturday is usually too crowded anyway Sunday everyone bolts early. It is still cool once they do M-F non holiday it really gets tough

Last edited:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
WNEP Ski Card - http://wnep.upickem.net/engine/Splash.aspx?contestid=44331

WNEP Ski Card
$469.99 Voucher for $129.99
ski_card_front_web.jpg
Description
Welcome to the WNEP Ski Card online store! We are excited to announce the biggest card we’ve ever featured! You can purchase a ski card that is good for one full day lift ticket at each of the following local ski resorts: Jack Frost, Big Boulder, Ski Denton, Gore Mountain, Montage, Mountain Creek, Shawnee, Ski Sawmill and Swain. You may redeem this for either weekday or weekend lift tickets. That's right, you can ski on the weekend with the WNEP Ski Card! Please note that this is not valid for holidays (Please see holiday dates in restrictions below.) The best part about this deal is that you can ski each of these great resorts for only $129 total! That's more than a 75% savings from purchasing a lift ticket to each mountain, individually! If you want to take advantage of this great deal, then you'd better act fast as quantities are limited!

Ski Denton

5661 US Rt. 6
Galeton, PA 16922
814-435-2115
skidenton.com/

Gore Mountain
Peaceful Valley Road
North Creek, NY 12853
(518) 251-2411
www.goremountain.com/

Jack Frost
PO Box 1539
Blakeslee, PA 18610
570-443-8425
www.jfbb.com/

Big Boulder
PO Box 1539
Blakeslee, PA 18610
570-443-8425
www.jfbb.com

Montage Mountain
1000 Montage Mountain Road
Moosic, PA 18507
570-969-7669
www.montageisback.com/

Mountain Creek
200 Route 94
Vernon, NJ 07462
973-827-2000
winter.mountaincreek.com/

Shawnee Mountain
Hollow Road
Shawnee on the Delaware, PA 18356
(570) 421-7231
www.shawneemt.com/index.html

Ski Sawmill
383 Oregon Hill Rd.
Morris, PA 16938
570-353-7521
www.skisawmill.com/

Swain Resort
220 Main Street
PO Box 44
Swain, NY 14884
www.swain.com/

154 Passes remaining, 27 days left.

Cornhead

Ski Ride Free GPS link

Nice work, very commendable, seems like the promoter should do this. Unfortunately, there aren't any participating stations near me. Funny there's one all by itself in Baldwinsville, NY. With your map it'll be worth checking to see if any are nearby when I need gas on my trips East.Someone I met at the Snowshoe in Montgomery gave me one I used at Jay. He doesn't even ski, he's a truck driver, I guess he just picks them up to give them away, nice of him, and nice of you, thanks!

mlkrgr

Simon Mall deal for Waterville/Cranmore isn't coming back this year as per a CSR in the mall. Waterville Patriots Tuesday appears to be back, but nothing else is running as far as specials go over there unless they are waiting to announce them til they go to regular season rates, and that is on top of a $2/ticket price increase across the board. Looks like they are trying to reduce deals to pay for their expansion.

Though, Nacski is back with their $77 Sunday River, Loon, Jay, and Stowe bus trip and day ski ticket pricing (albeit it is the early bird tier). Stowe in particular is quite a good deal as the window rate is up to $98 this year, or $84 using bypass.

trackbiker

ScottySkis

http://mountsnow.com/event/?detaillink=12211 Founders day at Mount Snow on Dec 12 $12 lift tickets.
[h=2]2/12/2013 | Founders Day[/h] Mount Snow has one of the most colorful and interesting histories of any resort in the ski industry thanks in large part to our visionary founder and National Ski Areas Association Hall of Fame member, Walter Schoenknecht. To celebrate our great history we have decided that December 12, Mount Snow’s birthday, will be known as Founders Day! Check out a collection of awesome memorabilia from Mount Snow’s past, enjoy a piece of birthday cake and toast to many more years of fun!

And Mount Snow's gift to you? That's right $12 lift tickets!!! $12 tickets must be bought online in advance by December 10 and quantities are limited so buy yours now using the button below.

BenedictGomez

Nice work, very commendable, seems like the promoter should do this. Unfortunately, there aren't any participating stations near me. Funny there's one all by itself in Baldwinsville, NY. With your map it'll be worth checking to see if any are nearby when I need gas on my trips East.Someone I met at the Snowshoe in Montgomery gave me one I used at Jay. He doesn't even ski, he's a truck driver, I guess he just picks them up to give them away, nice of him, and nice of you, thanks!

The people who run this arent the most professional in terms of detail frankly. Each year I find myriad typos and just flat-out wrong information regarding addresses etc... when I'm making my map. Really sloppy to the point you know they didnt even review it. That, and the fact I occansionally stumble upon a participating station that isnt even listed on the participating stations list (for instance, a Mobil right off 87 in Kingston).

I still have no answer as to why almost all the stations in VT dropped though. Did they not even bother to enroll them or is some other factor (a dumb law....competition...etc...) at play? I do know Irving gas ripped them off last year and started essentially the exact same promotion, only difference is you need 10 gallons per receipt rather than 8 gallons. I also think this is the main reason why the resorts pulled back on Saturday usage too, they didnt want too many of these gas programs offering free Saturdays. So if you're annoyed virtually every mountain dropped Saturdays from this program last season, it's a safe bet Irving Gas is largely to blame.

dlague

The people who run this arent the most professional in terms of detail frankly. Each year I find myriad typos and just flat-out wrong information regarding addresses etc... when I'm making my map. Really sloppy to the point you know they didnt even review it. That, and the fact I occansionally stumble upon a participating station that isnt even listed on the participating stations list (for instance, a Mobil right off 87 in Kingston).

I still have no answer as to why almost all the stations in VT dropped though. Did they not even bother to enroll them or is some other factor (a dumb law....competition...etc...) at play? I do know Irving gas ripped them off last year and started essentially the exact same promotion, only difference is you need 10 gallons per receipt rather than 8 gallons. I also think this is the main reason why the resorts pulled back on Saturday usage too, they didnt want too many of these gas programs offering free Saturdays. So if you're annoyed virtually every mountain dropped Saturdays from this program last season, it's a safe bet Irving Gas is largely to blame.

I have used the Irving deal for at least five years so it did not just start last year. Five years ago I used to have an Expedition with a 30 gallon tank so I would put in approximately 15 at a time. I tried going 3 10 gallon pumps but the third one was always a bit short, hence the two 15 ish gallon pumps. There are so many deals out there for me this year that I will not bother with this.

dlague

Here's a link to the Irving Gas deal. I don't think this was posted yet. Not a bad deal depending on where you are located.

http://www.theirving.com/default.aspx?pageid=959

It was posted a while back in like September when the Mobile card was also discussed but both are worth repeating since this thread has gotten so deep that other deals are buried just like this was and the Mobile deal

ScottySkis

It was posted a while back in like September when the Mobile card was also discussed but both are worth repeating since this thread has gotten so deep that other deals are buried just like this was and the Mobile deal

Thanks you it is book marked in my phone now.:)