• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Area Walk-up lift ticket rates, 2014-15

skiNEwhere

Well if we're doing west, Vail is $139 for holidays.

To put that into perspective, an Epic local pass which has 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek together, and unlimited skiing at their other resorts, is $549. Four days of skiing @$139 is 556!

Aspen is $129 a day, but the big difference is that discounts for aspen are few and far between, a season pass costs over $2,000 if you buy late. Only discounts they really have are online ahead of time, or the classic pass, sold preseason, which sells for $239 I think for 4 days of skiing. And that's all they really have, other than the mountain collective

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well if we're doing west, Vail is $139 for holidays.

To put that into perspective, an Epic local pass which has 10 days at Vail and Beaver Creek together, and unlimited skiing at their other resorts, is $549. Four days of skiing @$139 is 556!

Aspen is $129 a day, but the big difference is that discounts for aspen are few and far between, a season pass costs over $2,000 if you buy late. Only discounts they really have are online ahead of time, or the classic pass, sold preseason, which sells for $239 I think for 4 days of skiing. And that's all they really have, other than the mountain collective

Wow. Figured that DV would be at the top of the charts pricewise. I guess not.

steamboat1

:eek: Wow....

Well I guess they figured, if we're gonna open the door to the $100+/day lift ticket, we might as well slam it wide open.
The listed price includes the cost of the Evolution Stowe Card (RFID). This wasn't included in the listed price in years past. It doesn't say but if you already have the card the price is $103 I believe (that's what the walkup rate is for additional days). The online rate is $89.

yeggous

The listed price includes the cost of the Evolution Stowe Card (RFID). This wasn't included in the listed price in years past. It doesn't say but if you already have the card the price is $103 I believe (that's what the walkup rate is for additional days). The online rate is $89.

The scale of the increases this year seems much larger than last. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be appetite for it.

mbedle

WOOHOO - Stowe wins again for highest walkup rate on the east coast...... lol Actually, $1 more for the online rate is not that bad.

dlague

WOOHOO - Stowe wins again for highest walkup rate on the east coast...... lol Actually, $1 more for the online rate is not that bad.

$1 more and at $89 I still would not ski there! I will use the ski Vermont pass a go for way less!

mbedle

Actually, it was $84. so its $5 more. Still not a bad rate for your average skier, going a couple of times a year. Maybe the $109 window rate will keep the lines down on the weekends.... Still waiting to see what the ski club is going to come up with for a daily rate. It is either them or the Vermont Travel Club.

Last edited:

Edd

The scale of the increases this year seems much larger than last. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be appetite for it.

My understanding is that electricity costs are due to be substantially higher for ski areas from this point on. I imagine it's related to that.

steamboat1

Actually, it was $84. so its $5 more. Still not a bad rate for your average skier, going a couple of times a year. Maybe the $109 window rate will keep the lines down on the weekends.... Still waiting to see what the ski club is going to come up with for a daily rate. It is either them or the Vermont Travel Club.
If you're talking about the ski club/council appreciation day pricing that's already out (see skiing on the cheap thread). If you're talking about the ski club/council discount coupons that can be used anytime I haven't seen them yet either.

mbedle

If you're talking about the ski club/council appreciation day pricing that's already out (see skiing on the cheap thread). If you're talking about the ski club/council discount coupons that can be used anytime I haven't seen them yet either.

Yes - I was waiting to see what the anytime use ski club rates are going to be this year. I think last year they were $64. So I am guessing it might be as high as $70 this year.

steamboat1

Yes - I was waiting to see what the anytime use ski club rates are going to be this year. I think last year they were $64. So I am guessing it might be as high as $70 this year.
I would think they'd be coming out soon. Last year Stowe was $63, at least that's what my club was charging. Believe it or not Stowe wasn't the most expensive. Okemo was the most expensive at $66 followed closely by Whiteface at $65.

edit: Whiteface was actually the most expensive charging an additional $6 fee to use the coupons on weekends & holidays.