• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What the heck is going on at Magic?

UYSDYP

From magic fb

Attachments

• 1451874047360.jpg
    1451874047360.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net
I'm happy to say I was just standing next to a fan gun pumping out the good stuff. I'll have pictures at first light.

Magic is making snow for the first time this season. You've dealt with criticism from everyone for not getting snowmaking and lifts up and running sooner. You're standing next to a running snowgun, and you think to yourself, "I could silence all of these doubters with one photo. Nah, f*** it. I'll do it tomorrow. I wonder who else can I ban on Facebook?"

Great decision.

magicsales

Or maybe, just maybe PJ I said to myself it's pitch black I'll wait ten hours and get pictures in the sunlight, which is what I'm doing right now. Or maybe you're right, who knows.

Tin

Or maybe, just maybe PJ I said to myself it's pitch black I'll wait ten hours and get pictures in the sunlight, which is what I'm doing right now. Or maybe you're right, who knows.

Maybe get outside and do your job instead of arguing online?

VTKilarney

You guys want more transparency but then pillory the marketing director? There's a better way to express your frustration.

Tin

I'm happy to say I was just standing next to a fan gun pumping out the good stuff. I'll have pictures at first light.

You guys want more transparency but then pillory the marketing director? There's a better way to express your frustration.

Once again, no delivery.

From the dude who was quite displeased with all the QBurke stuff a couple seasons ago did you forget what it is like to purchase passes/tix and be unable to use them and then be lied to/kept in the dark?

VTKilarney

Once again, no delivery.

From the dude who was quite displeased with all the QBurke stuff a couple seasons ago did you forget what it is like to purchase passes/tix and be unable to use them and then be lied to/kept in the dark?

I completely understand your frustration.

gmcunni

i wonder what the comments will be like in April...

- man, we got a late start but what an awesome season yet again at Magic. Can't wait for next year, when can i buy my 16/17 season pass?

- fuck this, i'm out.

PearlJam09

Website
www.leaveyourfeet.net

Maybe you haven't heard of this really neat invention called a flash. With a good flash and a nice camera you can freeze motion up to 1/1000th of a second even at night. I guess that's the kind of info that only pro photographers have.

Sun has been up in Londonderry for at least 40 minutes. You waiting on the local 1 hour photo mart to deliver photos still?

Treepopper

You can talk to " management" all you want, but remember those there have chosen to
" drink the coolaid" that Tom Barker has concocted. None of them have the knowlege/ experience or gumption
To question TB's judgement, which by most who have interacted with him say is driven by ignorance and ego, usually a bad combination
and a failing mix.
They have all been apart of deceiving the public and magic faithful with "opening dates" that we now find out
They never were ready for with no lifts inspected and no snowmaking capabilities ready until yesterday.......and that only
Happened because someone stepped in and made it happen, as TB went " deer in the headlights" when pump failed again and was told $1500 to fix. Thanks to someone who makes things happen and didnt want MTN ops be stuck on hold
Again, he worked w another mtn./ and gotnit done.
Hopefully the lift will be inspected this week, bottom line is they can't hold off on writing a check
For it any longer.
Yes, there was rain, same stuff bromley/ okemo and stratton had.......the difference is
These mountains had their lifts inspected and snowmaking systems were ready to go as soon as the opportunity allowed.
It would be good if the management at Magic learned their lesson about transparency as the truth came out
On all of this last week. Perhaps going foreward their mktg. Person will quit banning those that ask normal ski area questions.....
This just is more evidence of lack of experience all the way around, from mktg. To above, because a true GM/ leader would fire someone
Who is doing this. Instead he keeps a $15-17/ Hr. Kid w no ski area ormktg. Experience that obviously does not know how to handle people.

Last edited:

UYSDYP

So word is the cat is fixed and almost ready to go. How's the counterweight and lift inspection timeline? How much truth to the fact you have no liability insurance? These are still valid questions that should be answered and are not resolved with a picture of snow being made. Moving in the right direction, best of luck.