• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you guys think this will be a good replacement car for skiing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEtoVTSkier

Believe it or not, steel wheels are a red flag for purchasing a used cars. I've crunched through a huge used car sale dataset, and by far the strongest indication of whether a used car is a good purchase is whether it had alloy rims. By far.

Is there a reason why that is?

Highway Star

it was just to brag about his sweet new rode

Problem is, it's NOT a sweet ride. I've owned Subarus. NOBODY CARES you drive a Subaru, let alone a 8 year old sedan that looks like every other mid-00's sedan. Seriously, homeboy needs to get a clue.

Highway Star

53795516.jpg

Jcb890

Problem is, it's NOT a sweet ride. I've owned Subarus. NOBODY CARES you drive a Subaru, let alone a 8 year old sedan that looks like every other mid-00's sedan. Seriously, homeboy needs to get a clue.

I doubt he wants to buy a Legacy because he wants to stand out though.

Jcb890

That car is modified to get attention. From 18 year old boys. NOBODY ELSE CARES.

As far as I can tell from his post, the car has 2 modifications:

2 which are performance related and have nothing to do with appearance of the car
2 which are directly related to the appearance of the car - HID kit and wheels

It is entirely possible that the previous owner (and potential new owner) like the way the car looks with these other wheels rather than the stock wheels - personally I don't like the stock Legacy wheels myself - and the HID kit can either be for looks or to make visibility better when lights are needed.

Either way, it is entirely possible that both the previous owner and potential new owner performed/want the modifications because of the way THEY think it looks or what they want. Now, if the car had a huge wing on the back and some disgusting vinyl decals running down it, I would absolutely agree with your assessment. However, subtle wheels and an HID kit does not scream "done for attention by teenagers" nor would most people look at the list of four (yes, 4) modifications and think they're all done for attention by "18 year old boys".

VTKilarney

Tuna did refer to the car as a "looker". Yes, a Subaru design that's 13 years old was referred to as a "looker".

deadheadskier

Staff member
Some of their cars from that era I prefer. Like the Outback, Imprezza and Legacy better from then. I prefer the Forrester now.

Jcb890

Tuna did refer to the car as a "looker". Yes, a Subaru design that's 13 years old was referred to as a "looker".

I personally like that body style Legacy and also the generation before that (2003-2008 I think?).

You do realize that some people prefer older cars and some older cars look better than their newer counterparts, right? Perhaps not.

Tin

I don't know if there has ever been so much agreement in one thread. I do like Subarus in that they are safe, easy to work on, the parts are cheap, and there is a reason why so many older ones are still on the road. If you get it, good luck with it Tuna.

I hope you looked at least looked at Mazda and Volvo AWDs. They can be found with 5 or 6 speed manuals as well. Hoping my GF goes to Volvo next.

Status
Not open for further replies.