• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Resort Opening Dates

yeggous

Even though Bretton's report doesn't hint at an opening, they've opened with little to no notice previously. My guess would be that they themselves don't even know! Stinks that there is no webcam. We have no idea as to how much snow they've made or even when they started making snow! Just a picture yesterday on Twitter/Facebook showing a half decent amount made up top.

Yeah, but usually they at least let you know the night before. If the choice were SR or BW, then this would't be so bad. Positions yourself in the North Conway and you're an hour or less from both. But Killington is far away and largely the opposite direction.

Jully

Yeah, but usually they at least let you know the night before. If the choice were SR or BW, then this would't be so bad. Positions yourself in the North Conway and you're an hour or less from both. But Killington is far away and largely the opposite direction.

Oh yeah they'll absolutely announce the night before. That'd be hilarious if they announced Thursday morning at 6. Also would result in the emptiest opening day in history.

Praying we'll hear something tonight, but I'm not hopeful.

Los

Yeah and it only showed a single snow gun operating!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

drjeff

Even though Bretton's report doesn't hint at an opening, they've opened with little to no notice previously. My guess would be that they themselves don't even know! Stinks that there is no webcam. We have no idea as to how much snow they've made or even when they started making snow! Just a picture yesterday on Twitter/Facebook showing a half decent amount made up top.

attachment.php

One of BW's snowmakers put this pic up on a snowmakers group FB page about 2 hrs ago.

BW might very well be spinning a lift quite soon......

Attachments

• 14606515_1258525284214725_5132620528211259675_n.jpg
    14606515_1258525284214725_5132620528211259675_n.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 278

yeggous

attachment.php

One of BW's snowmakers put this pic up on a snowmakers group FB page about 2 hrs ago.

BW might very well be spinning a lift quite soon......

still not convinced. that's the very top of the trail. there have been years where they have great coverage up top but the bottom is a mud pit. until I see photos of the bottom I will remain skeptical.

deadheadskier

Staff member
still not convinced. that's the very top of the trail. there have been years where they have great coverage up top but the bottom is a mud pit. until I see photos of the bottom I will remain skeptical.

A couple of years ago they let you ski through that mud pit for free! If they offered something similar on Saturday and it's not raining I'd be willing to do it again.

Dr. Jeff, can you link the snowmakers Facebook group you mention.

Jully

A couple of years ago they let you ski through that mud pit for free! If they offered something similar on Saturday and it's not raining I'd be willing to do it again.

Dr. Jeff, can you link the snowmakers Facebook group you mention.

I think last year even the bottom of the trail was rough. Not sure if they'd last through the weekend with that kind of base though. Even parts of K's base got skied down on Tuesday I heard. I hope Killington continues to bury their current terrain while it is still cold before opening other trails.

Smellytele

I think last year even the bottom of the trail was rough. Not sure if they'd last through the weekend with that kind of base though. Even parts of K's base got skied down on Tuesday I heard. I hope Killington continues to bury their current terrain while it is still cold before opening other trails.

Not down to the base today at K

machski

They are, went today and Rime was completely covered and continuing to get the goods. Reason was completely covered with a full park in place (guns off likely for safety with the park open) and upper East fall was getting hammered but not yet open. All this while superstar was getting completely hammered top to bottom all day by EVERY gun on the trail.

Smellytele

They are, went today and Rime was completely covered and continuing to get the goods. Reason was completely covered with a full park in place (guns off likely for safety with the park open) and upper East fall was getting hammered but not yet open. All this while superstar was getting completely hammered top to bottom all day by EVERY gun on the trail.

Reason started out weird with chopped up something. Then skied okay then by the end of the day was starting to get scrapped. Rime was nice all day but the guns were a'blazin'

Los

Looks like snowmaking temps won't return until next weekend... is that right?

mriceyman

Looks like snowmaking temps won't return until next weekend... is that right?

Looks that way atm.. maybe short windows they can resurface but no extended periods of cold

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

yeggous

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1477868340.425628.jpg
Bretton Woods today. They have very little snow at the base. But there was serious snow on the Kanc on Friday.
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1477868412.299063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Los

I'm starting to think that 11/19 at BW is a definite... CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! :daffy::spread::snow::beer::snow::thumbup:

xwhaler

I'm starting to think that 11/19 at BW is a definite... CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! :daffy::spread::snow::beer::snow::thumbup:

I'm still hopeful someone in NH opens for next wknd but looking at overnight temps next week up north it seems even that could be unlikely.

Los

It looks like the next opportunity to blow snow for wildcat and bretton will be one week from today. If that's true, is there any chance either could open on sunday the 13th?

Tin

It looks like the next opportunity to blow snow for wildcat and bretton will be one week from today. If that's true, is there any chance either could open on sunday the 13th?

If I was to put money on it, no. K might be the only player going for a few weeks. What is a killer is the cold is not prolonged, the couple of shots coming are 48-72 hour deals in the next few weeks. The sustained cold shot forecast on most models for mid month seems to be pushed back and confined to the mid-west states as of now.