• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Mtn bump comp?

2knees

from MS.net

Another place to try is Blue Mountain. The have been seeding 3 runs lately, Challenge, Main Street and Nightmare. They started listening to the people there that like bumps. They have been seeding Main St for a few years now but the lack of re-seeding have made interesting conditions at times. Blue is actually trying now is seems, They have been seeding and tearing them down and re-seeding to try to get it right. A few of the people there that like bumps offered to help and from what I heard they have been in the groomer at night with the operator to help with the building of the lines. Blue is also supposed to have a fun bump contest in mid March on Main St (rated as expert but really a blue)

pretty cool that these things seem to making a comeback. Root, i expect you to enter.

Greg

Staff member
Root had some great pics up last week:

IMG_0138.jpg

One for the bump lovers
IMG_0147.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Those look pretty damn nice to me. Good on Blue!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Nice find. It's on their event calendar, so I'd say this is confirmed. Not sure if I'll enter, but I'll ask if I can get up close and personal for pictures.

http://www.skibluemt.com/SkiBlue/ca...location=&location2=&type=&eventDate=20100306

The bigger question is how many CT bumpers will come down for the day and show their stuff? I'm planning on trekking up there for S7 so hopefully we'll get a nice turnout.

2knees

I don't think that's the best route though. Probably across the tappanandyzee and over to Scrotum/Wilkes Balls and then go down......

gmcunni

The bigger question is how many CT bumpers will come down for the day and show their stuff? I'm planning on trekking up there for S7 so hopefully we'll get a nice turnout.

i'd consider it.. might already have a ski outing planned that weekend but if it doesn't happen i'd hike it to blue.. i want to ride the 6 pack with "he who shall not be named" and some ski patrollers

Yes, but they are only on Paradise and Burma Road. Wanna take a speed run with me? :spin:
absolutely!

2knees

I'd be down if we could get enough people to carpool and share in gas and shit. These little grass roots type things are what we need. either way, I think its awesome.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
i'd consider it.. might already have a ski outing planned that weekend but if it doesn't happen i'd hike it to blue.. i want to ride the 6 pack with "he who shall not be named" and some ski patrollers

absolutely!
I'll get a thread going on PASR.

Grassi21

I'd be down if we could get enough people to carpool and share in gas and shit. These little grass roots type things are what we need. either way, I think its awesome.

+1 grass roots and all

4aprice

from MS.net

Another place to try is Blue Mountain. The have been seeding 3 runs lately, Challenge, Main Street and Nightmare. They started listening to the people there that like bumps. They have been seeding Main St for a few years now but the lack of re-seeding have made interesting conditions at times. Blue is actually trying now is seems, They have been seeding and tearing them down and re-seeding to try to get it right. A few of the people there that like bumps offered to help and from what I heard they have been in the groomer at night with the operator to help with the building of the lines. Blue is also supposed to have a fun bump contest in mid March on Main St (rated as expert but really a blue)

pretty cool that these things seem to making a comeback. Root, i expect you to enter.

Mogul skiing is catching on in the Pocono's. Elk has always provided bumps, now Blue and Camelback are catching on too. Like I said before it looks like a fun 2nd 1/2 of the season in NE PA.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, N J

bvibert

Staff member
Cool! I'm glad to see more of these comps springing up! I'd love to go support it, but Saturdays are tough for me to get out of work.

2knees

Mogul skiing is catching on in the Pocono's. Elk has always provided bumps, now Blue and Camelback are catching on too. Like I said before it looks like a fun 2nd 1/2 of the season in NE PA.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, N J

i used to ski roundtop every year in middle school and high school during feb vacation. My cousin lived in lancaster and we would visit for that week. My uncle would take us there for a night of skiing. Granted, its been a long time, but they always had bumps on the trail all the way over, lookers left. Ironically, i think the name of the trail was Gunbarrel. I also remember it having a real nice pitch, on the top half at least.