• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Are there any particular trails that should be avoided?

TimRiley

I have an upcoming weekend trip to Okemo and I'm interested in hearing about the current conditions from people who have been there this season. Specifically, I would like to know about the snow and ice conditions. Have they received a sufficient amount of snow, or are they making enough snow to make up for any deficiencies? Are there any particular trails that should be avoided?
Additionally, I would like to know about the lift lines or any other relevant information regarding wait times. As a beginner to intermediate snowboarder, I will be primarily spending my time on green and blue trails. Any insights or recommendations would be appreciated.

drjeff

I have an upcoming weekend trip to Okemo and I'm interested in hearing about the current conditions from people who have been there this season. Specifically, I would like to know about the snow and ice conditions. Have they received a sufficient amount of snow, or are they making enough snow to make up for any deficiencies? Are there any particular trails that should be avoided?
Additionally, I would like to know about the lift lines or any other relevant information regarding wait times. As a beginner to intermediate snowboarder, I will be primarily spending my time on green and blue trails. Any insights or recommendations would be appreciated.
In all honesty, if you are worried about liftlines when your trip to Okemo happens this coming season, if you haven't downloaded the Epic Mix app, do so, as they will have basically real time liftline status updates on it.

And in general at Okemo, if the lift has a bubble on it, chances are that's where the longest lines are likely to be on any given day

chuckstah

I have to say that I feel they have really dropped the ball on snowmaking this summer.
Maybe go to Ski Ward? They have been on top of the snowmaking game this summer, and no trails that must be avoided. Screenshot_20230815-111615.png

IceEidolon

I'd put Big Snow up against Ski Ward - the two titans of snowmaking, each with 10+ GPM and hundreds of kW of firepower!