legalize it already - Page 108

AlpineZone

Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1085
    Jeff Sessions might not like weed but he's doing absolutely nothing to stop states from legalizing and implementing their own agendas.

Trump has directed that cannabis not be a priority, and states rights / Federalism takes precedent over Jeff's feels.

I think we're beyond the point of any political group seeing the benefit of being hardcore anti-cannabis. Our biggest obstacle right now is the state governments in these liberal states who want to squeeze as much tax money as possible and regulate it in absurd ways (in Mass they are saying edibles will have to be in maximum of 10mg doses... I could eat 20 of those and chill).

Last edited by bdfreetuna; Dec 9, 2017 at 3:31 PM.
    2017/2018: Baby Julia born 12/3/2017!
    [Killington: 12/15, 1/10] [Mount Snow: 11/27, 12/22*]

2016/2017: * = powder day
    [Berkshire East: 1/16, 2/10] [Bolton Valley: 1/1, 2/5*, 2/19] [Burke: 12/17*, 1/28*] [Heavenly: 3/5*, 3/11] [Jay Peak: 1/29*, 4/9] [Jiminy Peak: 11/26] [Killington: 12/4, 12/10, 4/8*, 4/15] [Kirkwood: 3/8] [Mad River Glen: 2/25] [Magic: 2/13*] [Mt Rose: 3/7*] [Mount Snow: 4/3] [Northstar: 4/10] [Okemo: 11/23] [Pico: 1/7*, 2/18, 3/19] [Smuggler’s Notch: 1/22] [Stratton: 2/4] [Stowe: 1/21] [Sugarbush: 1/2] [Telluride: 3/27, 3/28*] [Whiteface: 2/12]

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    I am a herb. I exist for a reason. For far too long I have been judged on lies. Greedy people will get what they want no matter what is destroyed, and I am a casualty of that war. I am Cannabis, and this is my manifesto.

I have never killed anyone, and yet I am often accused of this crime. I do not kill. I give life. Your body was made for me. Some people who have had made unwise decisions have been involved in tragic situations while partaking in me, but these people were already in a state of mind to make those decisions. I do not kill.

For thousands of years I have been used by those on a spiritual journey. Every major religion has used me at some point, and I have helped them draw closer to the Divine.

I am an enhancer. A helper. It is true that some people abuse me. They see me as illicit, so they play a role while associating with me. These people are immature and do not deserve me; yet I always hope that I am helping them on some level.

I magnify. I tear down walls...filters. You can know yourself. Peer into your own soul. I can help you become a better person.

The medical community is behind me. I make people better. Not sick.

When used maturely, I give life. In any situation, I never give death.

I am Cannabis. I was here long before you were born, and I will be here long after you are dead. I now live in a time where people deny me for profit. Soon I will live in a time where those same people try to exploit me for greed. I will not stand for either. I seek balance, and through my brothers and sisters I will achieve it.

Well, at least its legible. Where did you steal that from?
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    Well, at least its legible. Where did you steal that from?
    Facebook cannbius page

I belive evertying in thattttttttttttttttttttttt stetemnt..lol lol olo lloo lol

I just don't understand why the government is so stubborn. I mean they could make money on it if it was legal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Marla View Post
    I just don't understand why the government is so stubborn. I mean they could make money on it if it was legal, right?
    Follow the other money. Private prisons, pharmaceuticals, alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    Follow the other money. Private prisons, pharmaceuticals, alcohol.
    IMO, the government has the ability to set the market and price everyone out, reaping all of the profits. They are already raking in the tax money in Colorado and other states from it. On a wider scale than CO, the government could easily produce enough quality product to price out the majority of those who wouldn't grow their own as a hobby anyways.

Its the government though, so I'm sure they won't do it right.
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: Hoping for 35+ days!

I don’t care if it’s legal, still gonna smoke on every lift and gondola

Quote Originally Posted by bdfreetuna View Post
    Jeff Sessions might not like weed but he's doing absolutely nothing to stop states from legalizing and implementing their own agendas.
    Unfortunately, I think Jeff is following this conversation...
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politi...emo/index.html

I do think the political will to fight legalization is very thin, which is good. The bellweather event will be the DEA removing pot from Schedule 1- which almost happened in the last round, and could happen the next time it's petitioned. That will open the banking system, which will ease tax collection, and will make it even harder for any federal prosecutors to do anything. Which is good.

What would "normalized" prices for weed be in Mass? I recall prices in the $50/quarter range when I lived in NC (in the 90's, granted). No idea what pricing looks like nowadays, or what impact legalization has- seems taxes could hold the retail price at whatever the illegal price is without impacting demand much.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    Unfortunately, I think Jeff is following this conversation...
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/04/politi...emo/index.html
    Alas, the pot industry has failed to grease the tiny palm of Mr. Sessions. For that, there are consequences.

Thread Information